General Roof bars

Currently reading:
General Roof bars

Trefor

Can they be fitted/removed easily? I'm thinking of getting some instead of the Thule rack mountings which hook around the door frames and always result is a slight whistling sound.

I don't want to leave them on. Just wondering if they just screw in the from the top, or whether you need to drop the rooflining to fix them to the car.

Thanks.

If you only want to use them occassionally why don't you just get the Fiat bars that go across the roof and are meant to be taken off, they use the same mounting points so you won't get your current problem and you won't need a second set of bars to attach things to.

If you only want to use them occassionally why don't you just get the Fiat bars that go across the roof and are meant to be taken off, they use the same mounting points so you won't get your current problem and you won't need a second set of bars to attach things to.

Thats what I have, they take 5-10 mins to fit (once you've found the right tools) and when they're not on, result in no wind noise or drag.

Thanks - I didn't know that these other bars were available - I'll take a look.

Hope they take Thule bike racks...

T/.

Don't know if this is of any use to you...

If you don't have roof rails fitted to your Panda, the roof bars you want are Part no. 50900983. There is also a cycle carrier in the Accessories Catalogue which can be fitted to the roof bars - Part no. 50901142.

Thanks guys - cheap! The adapters for our Thule bars/rack are £20 alone.

Just looked at Fiat's website - ooo, its gone all funky - I like the design.

Anyway, the bike carriers look suspiciously like Thule items - will visit the dealer and see if they've got any. I need to be sure my Thule bike racks will fit the bars before buying...

Last edited:
Back