General Roof Bars For Panda 4x4

Currently reading:
General Roof Bars For Panda 4x4

pinkydrew

Hi all,

So i ordered the fiat roof bars and box for my panda, went to fetch them yesterday and the bars don't seem the same as in the pics and what I have seen online. The sales guy said they need to be mounted to the roof, by popping off the front and back part of the longitudinal bar. This makes the quick access I was hoping for impossible haha.
Anyone bought the same products? Pics attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 09.32.05.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 09.32.05.png
    810.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 14.15.05.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 14.15.05.png
    659.4 KB · Views: 36
It seems there are 3 attachment types - Flush, where you need to pop off the little covers on the roof, Bars (which is what I've got, like your picture) that stick up from but are attached directly to the roof, and 'proper' Rails that have gaps under them.

It seems there are 3 attachment types - Flush, where you need to pop off the little covers on the roof, Bars (which is what I've got, like your picture) that stick up from but are attached directly to the roof, and 'proper' Rails that have gaps under them.
So three different roof bars? Or the bars can attach three different ways?

So three different roof bars? Or the bars can attach three different ways?
Three different bar kits -- although the actual bar across the roof is the same -- its the fixing 'feet' that are different.
If you have the factory-fitted flush roof rails (like in the photo you posted), the part number for the roof bars to fit those is 50926337 (see here for example https://shop.parks.uk.com/products/...a-cross-transversal-bars-on-longitudinal-bars)

For Pandas with no form of factory-fitted rails running front to back along the roof (Easy or Pop models), then you need the roof bars that screw into the holes revealed by removing pop-out covers -- sounds like this is what you have been supplied with? Part 50926336

The Lounge or 4x4 model, the car already has front-to-back rails that are flush with the roof (as seen in the photo in your first post), and the genuine Fiat cross bars are that part number above. They are not 'quick to fit' though -- needing 4 screws undoing each time and fair bit of faffing. Your sales guy is wrong -- you do not remove any part of the existing roof rail to fit the roof bars.

And finally, for the Panda Cross model, which has factory-fitted rails running front to back that sit a couple of inches clear of the car roof uses a different fitting again. The roof bars for these also fit with 4 screws

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ben
Back