Technical Rolling Road

Currently reading:
Technical Rolling Road

Kerim

Punto Sporting MK 2
Well im going to red dot tomomrow to get my car RR to see how much BHP im running. Recently has had a full service and all belts changed. Using V-Power aswell. Changing the spark plugs to iridium later today. Going to take my gsr off and clean my throttle body aswell. Anything else anyone can recormend to get my car ready. If my car is over 85BHP ill get it remaped.

Well im going to red dot tomomrow to get my car RR to see how much BHP im running. Recently has had a full service and all belts changed. Using V-Power aswell. Changing the spark plugs to iridium later today. Going to take my gsr off and clean my throttle body aswell. Anything else anyone can recormend to get my car ready. If my car is over 85BHP ill get it remaped.
Why you gonna see if its over 85bhp to then get it remapped? would you get it done same day or another day? Id be interested to see what gains youve got from gsr and remap. Any other major mods at all?

90BHP with just a GSR and 100 Torque

Dyno.jpg

After 5k performence drops I can same I am very happy and will defo consider getting it remaped.

from experience red dot's tranmission losses may be a little optimistic, but it shouldn't be too far out and we can't tell without wheel figures, i'd certainly expect you've got over 85bhp.

it's the wheel figures that are important as that's whats measured on the dyno, flywheel figures are then calculated from an often guessed transmission loss figure. there aren't many places that actually measure the transmission loss.

regardless its a very good result, and whats important is the way it feels to drive on the road. the curve's on the graph look good and it should benefit from a remap. although peak power seems to be a little low in the revs, the map could maybe help that

Back