General rolled the cinq

Currently reading:
General rolled the cinq

scottc1088

just got home after rolling the cinq so thought id let you lot know as im really pissed off and fed up :cry:
basically what happened is:
i was taking a mate home and just going round a few twisties when i saw a car on my side of the road which was really moving, so i swerved into the grass bank to miss the oncoming car when all of a sudden the car just hit a tree or 2 and then rolled over back across the road, hit a tree and stopped.

suppose the main thing is that me and my mate are ok. will get pics up 2moz when i get it recovered but as far as i can see the n/s/f shocker has ripped out of the strut top, the steering rack is bent and the ower wishbone has snapped in half

not really a good start seen as i only passed my test last wednesday and although the damage sounds bad i wasnt going fast at all as i knew the roads were bad anyway and it was freezing

cheers
scott

what a shame, still at least you are ok, that is the main thing. Sounds a right off to me though

Dont despair about an accident, i had one two within 2 weeks after passing test although not as severe as yours.

Even though it wasnt your fault it will make you a better driver, it has me :)

AppleSei said:
Dont despair about an accident, i had one two within 2 weeks after passing test although not as severe as yours.

Even though it wasnt your fault it will make you a better driver, it has me :)
:yeahthat:, we all have a moment after we start, its how we learn.

Glad your ok, hope your back on the road soon.

blu73 said:
:yeahthat:, we all have a moment after we start, its how we learn.

true, i put mine in a field few weeks after passing :eek: luckily no damage though.

that was before it was lowered, i repeated the corner at the same speed after lowering and all went well :D

Yer i clipped an A-class on the Drivers rear side when trying to get back behind it.

Luckily just a new passenger headlight and indicator for me and a bit of a tidy up on the bumper. :)

Hellcat said:
apart from sliding off a road sideways on ice.. I was moving forwards at about 3-5mph I aint caused a crash.

thats what i did, just a bit faster, and no ice.. but didnt damage anything, not even a fence! (y)

Glad your OK bud, thats the most important thing in these situations! Last bump I had was at one of those traffic calming things where they build bits of kerb into the road... driver coming the other way was supposed to give way, looked like he was going to but then didnt and drove straight at me :eek: Missed him, braked hard, locked the nearside front which then came into contact with aforementioned 'traffic calming' abortion :bang: :mad: :cry:

My first 'moment' was not on a public road, twas on a dis-used airfield outside York. Couple of us from college went for a blast in our cars - whilst ragging around in my beetle i hit a pot-hole and completely collapsed the driver-side rear suspension (if you know about how they work i'd split the spring-plate) and lost control into a massive spin nearly flipping car but thankfully not. . . . .

. . . . lesson one - get it wrong in a classic bug and it'll bite your hand and probably your arm clean off :D

got the car back this morning, not looking too good iv got pics but not good quality as they were took on my phone.
after looking at it the wishbone had cracked before at 1 break was rusty and the other bit had cracked half way through.

as i avoided the other car i noticed i was going into the trees so i quickly turned left and the car just went straight which must have been when it snapped completely

Attachments

• Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 44
Unlucky dude, Hope ya get good money bk from the insurance..

Hmmmmm Taking it apart might be a good idea? & selling parts on Ebay? bit of hassle thou..

Back