Road Trip to the South

Currently reading:
Road Trip to the South

coyotes_uk

The Phoenix has landed!
Hey Everyone

My gf and I in the Stilo will be doing a road trip to go visit various friends around the last week of august. Were planning on doing the south first so was wondering if anyone can comment on cheapo places to stay in Brighton/Poole/Exeter/Oxford sort of way.

Also were driving from the Congleton area to Brighton first, so would anyone had advice as to the best time to set off so we can avoid rush hour around London etc....?

Many thanks for your advice and feel free to wave if you see us drive past! :D

Mark

You definately wanna miss M25 rush hour, try to get past there before 4 if you drive during the day, I'm not entirely sure where congleton is..but I've been at uni in stoke so have had lots of trips down to brighton(sorta where I live). If you're going for evening then best leave after 6:30 to avoid m6(if u go on m6?) traffic. Morning doesnt tend to be that bad if you leave around 9am, for very early morning you want to avoid M25 around 7-8ish. If your a night-driver, best time is leave about 11pm, then you'll get a straight run all the way down. This info might seem stupidly obvious to some ppl but you did ask :D

As for staying in/around Brighton, I dont know loads about this, but a lot of the hotels in Brighton will for sure be very expensive, especially during summer. My friend who came to stay last year found it cheaper to stay in London and travel down to visit! :eek: but he did insist on that type of hotel. I'd suggest looking at smaller places to stay in, and definately not too close to the centre, there's lots around(but I honestly couldnt make suggestions, sorry!) and tbh while you have the car you'll be fine for travel, plus there's always walking, things aren't too far apart :cool:

Hope something of this is useful, will keep an eye out for Stilo's to wave at :wave:

Thanks guys for the advice, sorry ive taken a while to get round and say that! Weve decided to leave Congleton (yes dreamertae its north of stoke) thursday night on the 23rd Aug and head down the M6/M6 Toll then then M4 stop at the Bicester Cherwell Valley services for the night then push on to Brighton the next morning at around 9-10ish! Hoping the M25 will be ok! If any forum members out there see us (light blue 52 plats Stilo with Phoenix stickers in the windows!) give us a wave!

Back