General road trip/meet?

Currently reading:
General road trip/meet?

Blimey. I wasn't expecting such a good response! Seems like everyone is itching to get out there. A drive and a pub lunch seems like the best idea. Manchester and N.Wales aren't that far apart really so id ont suppose it matters as long as the road/pub is good. Maybe we could do a vote on here and then we can decide a date. Not sure how to start one so suggestions welcome.:confused:

dunno if this'll help, but as it seems to centre on Manchester, here's a rough guide for distances, each ring is 25km further from the city centre, outer border is 100km (62miles).

I don't mind where it ends up being, but a drive and a pub lunch sounds good.

100k.jpg

:D perhaps a mod could move this to events...looks like a nw meet is on the cards...
before i go, forest of bowland, aprox 20 miles north of preston, my favorite play ground. open moorland, unclassified roads, sheer heaven.
sport button on and go for it.....(y)

Aye, that sounds Grand that Idea.

So, yeah keep us posted then.

:D :D.

I would like to go somewhere in the country. Not too keen on sticking to a town centre (Blackpool as suggested). If no one comes up with another idea then im happy with driving to north Wales and sticking to a route someone knows. Just got to wait for a nice weekend. Might have to be organised with only a few days notice.

We have had a number of monthly meets (all models though) at The Romper round the back of Manchester Airport. It was on the 1st Sunday of the month. It's faded away over the last couople of months but I think I'll try and get it up and running again. If anyone wants to have a look in the events section I'll put it up.

The suggestion was made about meeting there and then going for a bit of a drive, either to North Wales or the Lake District, but again plenty of people who said they would attend; didn't.

So do many of you chaps know each other personally?
I've never met anyone from these forums :)

If people wanted to have a drive around North Wales I'd suggest having a meet up in Chester and I can sort out a nice route for a 2.5-3 hour drive (or shorter) through some of the more scenic parts of North Wales which are fun to drive on and arrange for somewhere in the middle to have a bit to eat :)

We're not all chaps, honey.

Yes the Beard organised a meet which I dismally failed to attend due to being a bit over enthusiastic on a girly night out in Nottingham. Will try harder next time though. (y)
You could have your next girly night out at The Romper. Ahem, not that I'd be interested in a group of women drinking too much and possibly taking their clothes off of course. I was only thinking of Mrs. Beard you understand. Hang on, I think she's coming now. Quick where's that escape button.....?

Interesting, well the first sunday of this month was the 2nd, did any1 turn up to The Romper then.

:D :D.

Back