road tax

Currently reading:
road tax

now ive seen this sort of question posted before.
now i see some clarification on the DVLA site regarding displaying your tax disc
when buying online

You can renew your tax any day from the fifth day of the month.

If you prefer to tax in the last few days of the month, there is now an exemption from the offence of not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month and allows time for the new disc to arrive in the post.

so you have 5 working days where you are exempt from a failure to display prosecution

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10034732

Last edited:
What is the punishment for no tax disc in the UK actually?

I've driven 8700km (including a bit amount in the UK) with no tax on my car due to Fiat Auto Ireland and the Revenue being rather slow in getting docs to me - I'm taxing it tomorrow. I got stopped once and let off with a laugh from the copper when I explained it was the taxman delaying me... nobody seems to give a ****e over here anymore, it seems.

I somehow doubt they can do that for not paying foreign road tax though...

Over here they appear to be incapable of doing ANYTHING.

true but arnt the systems updated in the morning and not real time?
nah thats impossible and daft might as well get it all the time and just send it to the car in requests
which is also alot of data
now i wonder how its done

true but arnt the systems updated in the morning and not real time?
nah thats impossible and daft might as well get it all the time and just send it to the car in requests
which is also alot of data
now i wonder how its done

Police ANPR is usually Daily they dock the car with the data port back at the station.

(yes i watch police interceptors on channel 5 far to much lol).

Back