Road Tax

Currently reading:
Road Tax

i don't get road tax. surely the tax on petrol is more justified in that you pay for the amount you use = CO2 emissions and takes into account how much driving you do. i suppose it's just another thing to encourage smaller/more efficient engines?:confused:

I do think it's used now as a device to make us consider what the CO2 rating is on a new vehicle but your right, tax on fuel is more justified.

However I don't think a 1.9 diesel soot producing machine is very efficient so if that was the governments way of thinking, it went very wrong with me :D

Inevitably prices rise... its same with petrol.
£5 extra per year for my road tax doesn't kill me. Ok i could pay £35 for a pug 107 like my gf but then i don't want to drive a car like that. each to their own.

My tax was £63.25 (i only tax for 6 months at a time)

However on the plus side:

Barney flew through his MOT last week!!!

Not bad for a 1.4 Bravo eh? and NO advisories either :slayer:

I hear that some drivers now only pay £35 a year road tax so this must be a major factor when choosing a replacement vehicle.

like a small saving will really make me buy a Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 or Peugeot 107. even a Peugeot 207 1.4 HDI or Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI dont make it a worthwhile saving. i'd rather pay £535 for tax and have a real car.

even £1000 tax wouldnt put me off. the government know that, so they use the frigging environment as an excuse to bend me over and dip their tax rod deep into me. rapists. stop hiding behind trees and admit it!

Last edited:
i hate paying for road tax
should be in the price of petrol to stop tax dodgers

or... we actually make the fines worthwhile so people don't try and dodge tax. And on that note insurance too... Average fine for not being insured is something like £120... WHAT! I pay nearly 5 times that. Leave me very bitter that I could do away with insurance and even if I get caught I'd be paying a fifth of what I am now.

Although that's not entirely true. Because since I'm a working professional I'd probably get fined several thousand pounds, if not a custodial sentance - which would lead to me losing my job and my house.

Chavs on benefits. They're in a win/win situation. Even if they do get fined they're only paying us with our money :mad:

ooops its a rant :)

Back