Road Tax

Currently reading:
Road Tax

fido

I hear that some drivers now only pay £35 a year road tax so this must be a major factor when choosing a replacement vehicle. In September last year it cost me £150 to tax my Doblo 1.2 petrol but I don't know if that changed with the latest revised rates of RFL. I dare say vehicles like the Doblo, modelled as they are on the products of the London Brick Co will never be amongst the most economical but it would be useful to find something with cheaper tax next time I change it.

I hear that some drivers now only pay £35 a year road tax so this must be a major factor when choosing a replacement vehicle. In September last year it cost me £150 to tax my Doblo 1.2 petrol but I don't know if that changed with the latest revised rates of RFL. I dare say vehicles like the Doblo, modelled as they are on the products of the London Brick Co will never be amongst the most economical but it would be useful to find something with cheaper tax next time I change it.

Not really a major factor. Only the very smallest of cars get that low a road tax. Spread over a year the difference between a top end diesel and a tiny hybrid thing is nothing compared to the fuel costs. Plus for the sake of £200 max I'd rather something that performed and had mpg rather than a poor mpg hybrid with all the power of a smurf.

poor mpg hybrid with all the power of a smurf.

case in point:
gwiz_15_04_05.JPG

I think VW have a polo and VX have a corsa coming out that will be in band "A" (free) they will be 75mpg+ diesels, no congestion charges either!

Back