Ring of light Xbox 360

Currently reading:
Ring of light Xbox 360

1. My 360 controller's lights started going round in a clockwise sequence...the controller was working fine, anyone know what this is? im assuming the charge may be low?

2. is there any way to find out the speed the 360 is running @?

thanks again, please say if im getting annoying hahah!!

Matt

Just test your internet connection speed with your PC, if your 360's going through the same router then you can be pretty sure it's running at the same speed.

You connect wireless or Lan/ethernet cable ?

Does your PC connect to the router through USB or ethernet ?

pc connects wired, got a laptop thats wireless and xbox 360 connects via a wireless bridge (thats why im wonderin if this may be slowing it down...)

If you are getting choppy online play then it may well be. I don't know of any way to test the 360's connection speed itself though.
I connect through the ethernet straight to the router, it's a very clean connection and I have never had any problems on live.

Do you have your wireless connection set up to only allow what you specify to use it ?
As it could be a case of someone "borrowing" your connection.

I have a 4 port Netgear wired router, my Xbox connects via wires to Port2 and PC to Port1. I very rarely have connection issues and very good speed.

I though about wireless, but my house is made of good old Cornish Granite, and these hinder any signal.

The lights flashing on yer controller is battery charge level.

ive got WPA security setup on my wireless and the SSID is being broadcasted, and no one's nicking it off me im sure lol

i thought these were secure aswell but aparently as my brotherinlaw demonstrated, there a peice of **** to beat, he did it with his laptop(hes a hardcore PC geek lol)., although i think he said it could only be done with a computer running on linux OS for some reason.,.,.

A friend i work with piggy backs his neighbours wifi all the time with his laptop. Gets pretty good speed too :D :rolleyes:

Back