CIMG5428.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • CIMG5434.JPG
    CIMG5434.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • CIMG5436.JPG
    CIMG5436.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Yeah, mine are different. I wonder if its because mine is a Sporting. Maybe that dictates what you get.

That last shot looks like you are hanging out of a window mate, lol.

Looking good though.

Rich

Yeah, mine are different. I wonder if its because mine is a Sporting. Maybe that dictates what you get.

That last shot looks like you are hanging out of a window mate, lol.

Looking good though.

Rich

hmmm, could be! anybody else confirm this? doesnt matter anyway as im changing it to carbon fibre soon any way (y)

nah, i just held the camera above my head looking like a right kn*b :p

Yeah true, i think the carbon is gonna look great. It will stand out nicely against the black. You may find yourself adding little carbon touches everywhere soon.

Oh right, as long as you dont have nosey neighbours you will probably get away with it :D

Get some pics up as soon as youve done the pillars, would like to see them.

Rich

Yeah true, i think the carbon is gonna look great. It will stand out nicely against the black. You may find yourself adding little carbon touches everywhere soon.

Oh right, as long as you dont have nosey neighbours you will probably get away with it :D

Get some pics up as soon as youve done the pillars, would like to see them.

Rich

yeah! i was thinking carbon B pillar, carbon mirror tops and the P badge on the dash carbon(ed) (y)

oh and my neighbours are nosey, always nosing about the place :mad:

Sounds good mate, im thinking about doing something with the mirrors. Originally thought about making them black then i though carbon, now i dont know what to do.

My mum drives a 206 GTi 180 and that has black on the bottom half with carbon on the top and that looks really good, her car is red like mine so i may even think about that.

Everyone has neighbours like that, hopefully they appreciate a good car to look at.

Rich

Sounds good mate, im thinking about doing something with the mirrors. Originally thought about making them black then i though carbon, now i dont know what to do.

My mum drives a 206 GTi 180 and that has black on the bottom half with carbon on the top and that looks really good, her car is red like mine so i may even think about that.

Everyone has neighbours like that, hopefully they appreciate a good car to look at.

Rich

well im getting a sheet of carbon vinyl when my mate does my custom FIATFORUM stickers (y)

so ill have a go at the pillars first, and if i have any left ill do the mirror tops

even if i just do the pillars i could also do the bit between the upper an lower grille, like venomco has done (just in carbon fibre) but thats still in the pipeline.

i have 100 meters of metallic silver vinyl in the garage so ill practice with that first (y)

Last edited:
Yeah the grille idea could look good on yours with it being black. Definatley practice with the not so important stuff first.

Rich

just gone and covered the front of my laptop with the stuff to prevent it being scratched. im pretty good at this whole vinyl malarky :p

deffo gonna do the front bumper

Thats actually a pretty good idea. Ive never tried it before so i have no idea as to how difficult it actually is, i guess air bubbles is the biggest issue.

I wait in anticipation.

Rich

Thats actually a pretty good idea. Ive never tried it before so i have no idea as to how difficult it actually is, i guess air bubbles is the biggest issue.

I wait in anticipation.

Rich

well for the air bubbles i just pop them with a brand new stanley knife blade to make a tiny hole, then it just smoothes out (y)

they cant be seen afterwards :slayer:

ARGH, having trouble finding a place near me to get some carbon fibre vinyl.

cant use the card for a week so im limited to cash. which means no on-line buys.

:bang:

I can understand why you are struggling. Where i am there is hardly anywhere to buy stuff like that, it is mainly internet and as you say thats obviously a no go. Unfortunately i would say you are probably best waiting till you can get some good stuff.

Rich

I can understand why you are struggling. Where i am there is hardly anywhere to buy stuff like that, it is mainly internet and as you say thats obviously a no go. Unfortunately i would say you are probably best waiting till you can get some good stuff.

Rich

yeah, dont want that tacky shiz that just looks :yuck:

ill wait if i have to.

anyways i have my nice custom fiatforum stickers to look forward to on tuesday :yum:

Would some vinyl on the front bumper also double as stone chip protection? Or is the stuff too thin?

Would some vinyl on the front bumper also double as stone chip protection? Or is the stuff too thin?

hmmmmmm,

i really dont know, the stuff i have at the minute is only really really thin. i doubt it would.

Another question if you don't mind :p

Have you noticed a difference in the ride quality/tire noise compared to your old wheels?

Will these custom ff stickers be available to others or are you just having a couple made for yourself. If i remember rightly they looked pretty good. Would be interested if there is a supply. Let me know.

Rich

Another question if you don't mind :p

Have you noticed a difference in the ride quality/tire noise compared to your old wheels?

not really, the ride feels about the same and theres slightly more tyre noise, but not much. it just sounds "larger" coming down the road. if you get my drift. :p

RichC said:
Will these custom ff stickers be available to others or are you just having a couple made for yourself. If i remember rightly they looked pretty good. Would be interested if there is a supply. Let me know

hmm ill have to ask but i think if theres a bit of a profit for him in there im sure he wouldnt mind making up a few sets.

Ok well let me know if he can do them, definately interested. I would like more people to know about this forum and i also think its a good way for people to meet other forum members.

Rich

Back