Rim protection

Currently reading:
Rim protection

:yeahthat: but I think it's a little more complicated in design meaning that as your tyre brushes the kerb the rubber actually pushes the wheel away from the kerb...

Hum sounds like a fairly hefty impact there dave, they're not total protection but it's a little bit extra. So far on the V70 there's a number of scuff marks on the side wall of the rear tyres but not a mark on the alloys, so I say they work.

Bridgestone Potenza RE720 rim protection is very good. We have some grannite curbs near my parents house. They are practically designed to munch alloy wheels! Potenza tyres have saved my alloys a couple of times, other tyres have not offered the same protection.

i've had tyres with rim protectors a few times, and they dont work, it just means the tyre and the alloy gets damaged. the best protection is a good judge of distance.

the V70's rear tyres get a lot of kerb 'impacts' at car parks cause some morons won't admit the car park is full until they've parked, even if that means parking in a space that isn't marked as such. Fine in the Sei but the V70 is too long and often the rear tyre clips the kerb, no rim or tyre damage yet (though a ~130mm high side wall probably helps some)

some so called kerb protectors do nothing, we have some high end nankangs on the saab (17" x 225) and my mum drives and parks them with repect (17" BK racing 5spokers) but my dad drags em all down the kerbs etc, but the nankangs have fended him off them so far!
their about £70 each mind:eek:

faster4_tec said:
their about £70 each mind:eek:
70£ not too bad then... my V70s tyres are 100£ each & the TOYOs I'm probably going to use next time are 120£ each.. oh that's eTyre pricing too :eek:

so is £70:D

they are £115 a piece from gatestyres (a huge wharehouse that does just abou every vehicle in the counties tyres:) ).
so £70 each and about £15 delivery the lot was a bargin, got gates to fit them and all. £18+new valves, think it was £23 all up inc a very good balance job.(y)

they are 17x 225x45? or maybe its 55, can't remember which, but look trick, stunning in the dry and equally as fantastic in the wet, would have thought with them being so wide (normal for the aeros' is 17x 215) they woud squirm, but alas, fantastic things, and wearing really rather well, especially when they were abused A LOT on a track day at snetterton last month:devil:

would reccomend them to anyone with big wheels.

Back