Tuning Right, Lets Talk AirFilters

Currently reading:
Tuning Right, Lets Talk AirFilters

Angel75ELX

There is so much talk about induction kits and filters on here its unreal..
Even searching I cant find any real info, just mixed "reactions".

I have a MK1 Punto (1.2 8v ELX(in red)) and im looking for an Air Induction Kit.
Ive read about "Focus Kits", "K&N" and "GSR" all over the place.
But, as somebody with no exp of car tuning, im so confused over what to get:cry:.

Ovb I want that little bit more OOMPH out of the car, but dont want to buy something thats crap and wont work at all.

Going to be giving my car a decent service this weekend anyway, so I thought I might aswell give it some loving aswell.

A mate of mine said to check out a company called Amber Performance (youll have to google for them as Im not alowed to post URLs yet), what do you people think.

Chears for any help given.

Ash..

in my opinion its more a noise thing than performance,i was gna get one then thought 'i dnt wana b pulling hot air into engine' so i jus left the standard panel filter on,still gna pull hot air i guess! mine is a 1.1 n its pretty nippy off da line(altho higher compresssion ratio n a str8 thru mite help a wee little bit),buy a fast car if u want more oooomph or lighten urs up!!

Lighten it up...as in Bucket seats?
I have just put 2 800W subs in the boot so thats not exactly going to help is it?

Ash..

Back