Right door and rear wing scratched

Currently reading:
Right door and rear wing scratched

GE0

hi guys,

I need some advice. I bought my first car to learn to drive with the right side scratched since i thought i will scratch it anyway :). But since i am a careful driver i thing it's time to see if i can fix this horror.

Here are some pictures of the right door and the rear wing.

Can i remove the surface scratches, which aren't deep, with a good polish?

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    465.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    527.1 KB · Views: 29
And what can i do about the deep scratch, near the tank cap, witch starts to rust?

for the ones that aren't too bad they look as if they could buff out, i wouldn't serggest this yourself. but you could also try auto glym super resin. As for the one at the tank.. cause its deep your best bet would be to try get it sprayed. but if not keep putting polish on it so it keeps the rust out.. :)

for the ones that aren't too bad they look as if they could buff out, i wouldn't serggest this yourself. but you could also try auto glym super resin. As for the one at the tank.. cause its deep your best bet would be to try get it sprayed. but if not keep putting polish on it so it keeps the rust out.. :)

Thx

Autoglym - Super Resin Polish is a soft polisher? I don't think this will do the job. Those are some big swirl marks i have on my door. Is a compound so difficult to handle?

Yeah your plan sounds good, however just be careful that u don't burn through your paint work. specially cause its an angle grinder..
I would serggest looking up buffing technics before doing it. And super resin is a soft polish but extremely good as it has the same sort of effect as T-cut without the effort and the tiny scrapes left afterwards! :)
Meguiars is the next branding I would use. So they are both extremely good.
Once you start doing it you should extend the thread, and show us how the progress is going.

I have a angle grinder.

I understand this will fit!

So this is the plan.

1) A good shampoo

2) A good decontamination with a clay bar

3) The restoration with a
Meguiar's SoftBuff 2.0 Foam Cutting Pad
and Meguiars - Ultimate Compound

4) A good protection with a Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax Plus

Will this work?

this will work take it easy with a grinder as they are usually single speed on or off. a proper MOP machine has a variable speed controller. make sure you use lots of water.
Autoglym super resin will do nothing to those scratches.

you might however find all those scratches are too bad and you might want to think about the costs of getting it filled and painted.

Last edited:
this will work take it easy with a grinder as they are usually single speed on or off. a proper MOP machine has a variable speed controller. make sure you use lots of water.
Autoglym super resin will do nothing to those scratches.

you might however find all those scratches are too bad and you might want to think about the costs of getting it filled and painted.

Yep, learned that today. Grinder will just burn the pain. I will try a used polisher that is on sale for 10£ on ebay. Anyway, it isn't a waist buying those products since they do their job? I also thought about getting a body part of the same color that's badly damaged on the scrap yard and try the products on it. Like a exercise before an exam :).

Thats sounds like a good idea Geo, let us know how you get on as I have some scratches too (kids keyed it years ago, little f......) that I would like to attempt to buff out

Back