Ridding myself of uconnect

Currently reading:
Ridding myself of uconnect

majorj0nny

after running the gauntlet of 'trying' to get customer support from Fiat over uconnect account problems, I've finally signed into uconnect on my tipo after about 4 years of refusing to have anything to do with it (since the last time it made my blood boil) , I've been trying (hoping) there was some kind of fancy new system update with my 5" uconnect to perhaps do something more than the nothing it already seems to do.

I think ive decided to just sack it off - rip the junk out and get something thats actually useful and modern looking.

so the 2017 fiat tipo has a shaped radio head unit -

+ does the plastic molding that seems to go round the radio, and right over the speedo clocks, does that come off easily ? it is just clipped on, do I need tools etc? is it screwed somewhere ?

+ Ive seem double din facias for the tipo - with a wiring loon covertor ? Im guessing thats that I need ?

+ Good to see a lot of good aftermarket double din head units mention compatability with reversing cameras - its that as easy as plugging something into the new head unit?

+ screen size - does the dash lip of the tipo effect the size of screen I can opt for - If possible as large as I can get in it - especially after suffering the pathetic 5" screen for years :slayer: Do double din large screen units allow for the screen to be angled to a position that suits or are they just fixed in a certain position and therefore certain ones wont fit ?

as you can tell - total car audio noob. :worship:

Back