General RHD headlamps

Currently reading:
General RHD headlamps

Just to confirm that these are the correct RHD headlamp units with the proper lense pattern for the UK and appropriate e-markings for MOT. If you prefer a UK based supplier and can't see them on eBay, you can order direct from here...
http://www.motobambino.com/item.asp?iID=1964&c=Fiat+500+Electrical+Equipment+Lighting+RHD+Headlamp+with+side+light+-+New+Product

VL1138_groot.jpg

cheers, Steve

I bought a pair of these from Van der Laan Fiat 500 in the Netherlands- they were reasonably priced and are marked as 'Carello' lenses but quality is noticeably inferior to the originals. (I have a set of NOS RHD Carellos on one of my 500F's)
However beam pattern on the new ones is pretty good and so far they haven't leaked or fogged up unlike many others on the market!
Let's just be thankful that we have the fortunate situation that 500 parts are becoming more plentiful as time passes!

You're right about that; among other things they can be slightly skew so that the beam is off horizontal. The fittings for the internal sidelight are very poor and the wires just pulled out of mine and I had to modify it to fit the old ones. One of the lenses cracked on the way to the test. So I fitted the original glass on the new reflector and sealed it on. The un-modified new one is noticeably dimmer when the lights are on???

Never throw away an original part until you are sure its every possible use has been exhausted. I dragged my headlights out of the bin!

marked as 'Carello' lenses but quality is noticeably inferior to the originals.
agreed, hands on they do feel and look low rent.

Never throw away an original part until you are sure its every possible use has been exhausted. I dragged my headlights out of the bin!
I plan to keep the original Lhd pair. Much better than tape if I should venture overseas and they are easy to change out.

Another alternative is to fit a pair of these...
Product-Photo-Model-8630-1-500x500.jpg

Low power draw, excellent visibility, ECE approved and I reckon they would just fit! ;)

Only downside is they hardly look 'period' and would probably make the 500 look a bit sinister. :)

cheers, Steve

I bought a pair of these from Van der Laan Fiat 500 in the Netherlands- they were reasonably priced and are marked as 'Carello' lenses but quality is noticeably inferior to the originals. (I have a set of NOS RHD Carellos on one of my 500F's)
However beam pattern on the new ones is pretty good and so far they haven't leaked or fogged up unlike many others on the market!
Let's just be thankful that we have the fortunate situation that 500 parts are becoming more plentiful as time passes!

I have to agree.

I too bought a pair and I think it's a bit cheeky to call them Carello when they're not OE and pattern of poor general quality.

My 500 has some minor pickling of the silver on on the original lights.

I'll probably have a go with the new ones but compared to the original units they're crap

Back