General RHD conversion

Currently reading:
General RHD conversion

I guess it's hard to know how many zeros to place before the dot when pricing it. ;)

Do i have an opening bid of a kidney? Sean??? Andy???

Perhaps I should wait till Ian does some work on one of his D's and thinks hes broken one.... I could demand almost anything...

I must look what other jewels I can find in my boxes of bits....
wonder if I will find an arm too....

Last edited:
Why not use the LHD steering idler and swap the arm for a RHD one?
I appreciate the bolt pattern is incorrect (RHD = no top right fixing hole, LHD = no top left fixing hole.) However, when swapping from LHD to RHD there will be 4 studs already there from the removed steering box.

I fitted a LHD idler a long time ago as I could not find a RHD one. It's irrelevant now as I've swapped to a steering rack!

I have just sold the complete RHD steering gear from my 500 L on an auction site.I did explain the box needed overhauling. I did wonder about using a new LHD worm and pawl. But it would have made driving interesting as if you turn the steering wheel to go left the car would go right.Would make a great novel autotest car.

I have just sold the complete RHD steering gear from my 500 L on an auction site.I did explain the box needed overhauling.

That's not a bad idea. I think I may sell mine on. no need for it now!

Oh my gosh no please... Don't do it :-(

You need to understand you are in a Very exclusive club of N owners...
I think we may number 6-7 here...:):):):)
The owners of the Mass produced 500s consider anything and everything acceptable :D

But they are not a bad lot to be honest :)

Back