Technical Revving engine at idle and engine stalls

Currently reading:
Technical Revving engine at idle and engine stalls

russnix

When i drive when i stop at drive through (takeaway) or traffic lights my engine idles at around 9 then jumps up to 20 or 30 then drops down to 9 then revs again and nearly stalls and drops below normal idle point. Whilst general driving engine stops suddenly - red battery light oil light etc but as im moving i just change gear and it jumps back to lif

I have recalibrated ecu using fiatecu i have cleared eml faults , cleaned throttle, sprayed wd40 in cable connection to tps, diconnected battery for few hours.

i just get error comming back up i get the following error codes any ideas anyone?

P0120- throttle/ pedel position sensor/ switch "A" circuit
p0130 O2 sensor Circuit

When i drive when i stop at drive through (takeaway) or traffic lights my engine idles at around 9 then jumps up to 20 or 30 then drops down to 9 then revs again and nearly stalls and drops below normal idle point. Whilst general driving engine stops suddenly - red battery light oil light etc but as im moving i just change gear and it jumps back to lif

I have recalibrated ecu using fiatecu i have cleared eml faults , cleaned throttle, sprayed wd40 in cable connection to tps, diconnected battery for few hours.

i just get error comming back up i get the following error codes any ideas anyone?

P0120- throttle/ pedel position sensor/ switch "A" circuit
p0130 O2 sensor Circuit
the car is telling whats wrong!

The irratic idle is because your an auto or fly-by-wire system
the pedal sensor / throttle body isn't able to tell whats what,
It thinks your flooring when your not etc, hence light has come on

Read this - it'll help

I have a feeling that the rough running and nearly stalling is chucking fuel into the cat, and as a result it's throwing up a lamba error

Click here for lamba

Sort the throttle pedal, clear codes and see what comes up then

Ziggy

thanks for your replys much appreciated.

is it the throttle postition sensor on the on the throttle or is there also a sensor on the pedel also if so which do i replace?

advice would u get a 2nd hand full throttle body for £20 from scrappy or new sensor from carpartsforless for £40
thanks

Last edited:
its fine on startup and on motoway driving but then when i come to a stop the engine dont wanna stop its very inpatient it revs like it just dont wanna wait. ive tried talking to her its no good anyone recommend therepy on pedel sensor or would it be more likely the throttle postition sensor could do with a bit of tlc? its mk2 punto 8v 53 plate by the way

also if u think its the pedel sensor anyone point me in the direction of the part cant seem to find it

Back