Technical Reversing Sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing Sensors

farout

I have a warning come up on dash saying reversing sensor failure. I want to unplug it clean up the terminals. Where is it kept? Cheers

Thank you mate :)

Not sure if you have one or not but check the Menu to make sure you have the Towbar function either on or off on your parking sensors (depending on what you have fitted). Might even be in the ECU and not menu. Can't remember where I saw it.

MultiEcuScan is a good bit of kit to have if you want to fault check your Idea etc.

http://www.multiecuscan.net/

Last edited:
I'm reckoning this is probably a common thing mine does exactly same thing.
I've left mine alone though usually know when I've reversed to close to something I normally hear bang :)

Please let us know if you manage to sort it

I'm reckoning this is probably a common thing mine does exactly same thing.
I've left mine alone though usually know when I've reversed to close to something I normally hear bang :)

Please let us know if you manage to sort it

Mine work perfectly, no errors or warnings or anything....

hello....

I'm in the process of replacing a faulty reversing parking sensor, trouble is despite me changing everyone out to find the faulty one, i cannot!!!!!
do i need to reset codes or something?

Cheers

Hi hashcake77... It seems very hard to get any info on the reversing sensors ...They have stopped working on my car as well ,at the same time the seat belt warning bleeper stopped working ... so I think they must use the same alarm buzzer thingy ...But I cant find where it lives on my Idea ... any clues ?....interesting name btw ...the last time I tried a hashcake was in 77 ....

It seems very hard to get any info on the reversing sensors ...They have stopped working on my car as well ,at the same time the seat belt warning bleeper stopped working ... so I think they must use the same alarm buzzer thingy ...But I cant find where it lives on my Idea ... any clues ?

Not in the boot.. as per the top few posts on here..?

Last edited:
I don't think so ...I think the bleeper for the reversing sensor is somewhere under the dash and the seatbelt bleeper is the same bleeper ..'cos they failed at the same time .. but it might just be a coincidence...I dunno .

Back