Technical Reverse Light Not Switching On

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse Light Not Switching On

Roperman

Hi,
a mate of mine has a 2000MY Punto on an X plate. The reverse light isn't switching on. I searched the forum but didn't find anything that helped.

I went round the other week and replaced the bulb, and cleaned up the contacts, but it didn't fix it. Her brother was gonna have a look at it another day because it was dark, and I said to check the reverse switch on the gearbox. He has said its not this (I'll take his word for now, although i'll double check if I get the chance). Also changed the fuse (tried a couple, all the ones that looked like they might be on the same circuit - was dark so couldn't easily visually check all of them).

As she doesn't have a Haynes, and I don't fancy buying one just for this, could any one tell me the route of the wires and location of any connections that might need cleaning. Is it wired through any circuits or is it a straight run from end to end. I noticed in other posts that there is mention of a bulb failiure warning light. As far as I know this doesn't illuminate.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Danny

Hi, yeah i've checked/changed the fuse to no avail. I know it'll get through the MOT but she wants it fixed. I'm a bit stumped as its not the bulb, and the contacts are clean, and to my knowledge the gear box switch has been replaced as well...

Cheers

Back