Technical rev limiter?

Currently reading:
Technical rev limiter?

Yes before i start i have done a search......to avoid any sarcy replies

does anyone know how you can get a proper limiter ont eh engine?? i got a SPI sei and quite like the sound of "bouncing off the rev limiter" instead of just dyin like it does now? is this possibe or what?

You will seriously shorten the engine's life by bouncing it off the rev limiter at every given opportunity (n)

Methinks you expect something different, when what you got is what you gonna get.

The rev limiter cuts the spark, so it dies until the revs get a bit lower.

That is what 'bouncing off the rev limiter' is, its not something dramatic.

Cheers

D

Niles said:
Is it possible to fit rev limiters, my 899 doesn't have one, and its quite scary to think how often I could be endangering the engine

Yes it does. You havent found it yet.

The Cinq 899cc has a rev limiter, so Id be very surprised to see the Sei 899cc doesnt have one

Niles said:
Is it possible to fit rev limiters, my 899 doesn't have one, and its quite scary to think how often I could be endangering the engine

Aftermarket rev limiters should theoretically fit, but you'd have to check with the manufacturer. It doesn't seem possible to fit rev counters to 899 Seis...........

I reckon there would be a rev limiter fitted as standard as part of the ECU map.

chaos said:
I reckon there would be a rev limiter fitted as standard as part of the ECU map.

THERE IS!! The Mk1 Sei 899cc uses the same ECU as the Mk2 Cinq 1108 and 899cc. That definately has a rev limiter.

I know as Ive hit it in each of my Cinqs (2 Mk1's and 1 Mk2!!!)

Its at 7200rpm on the Cinq 1108 Mk2
and very high on the Cinq 899cc Mk1. By very high, I dunno exactly, but Id say above 6k!

I have a mk2 2000 punto and it doesn't have a rev counter does anyone know if it has a rev limiter its a 1.2 8v version.

Back