General Rev counter

Currently reading:
General Rev counter

Sprox

1 Key operation!
What do we buy and how do we fit a Rev counter?
Allen Fletcher has done it I know!!!!!!

Theyre pretty easy to fit, as said, just follow the instructions for the wiring really. I would recommend a tim guage and get a pod for it aswell (or get one which comes in a pod already) as this makes it easy to stick to the top of the dash! (y) You'll have to find a place to feed wires from the cockpit to the engine bay, but it should be easy enough.

Just a warning though, not all rev counters will work, i bought a really fancy one with multicoloured backlights, shift light and crap, and it didnt work on my car as it was intended for cars with electronic ignition (with a much stronger signal for the rev counter to use). As i said though, you cant go wrong with a tim guage as it works great on mine :D

Hope that helps,

Si

I've got a TIM gauge in mine, I made a slight hole in the speedo cable rubber boot where it connects into the dash, then just fed the wires through that.

Put the earth connection from the counter onto the earth on battery otherwise I found the other electricals interfere with the counter.
Also if you dont have a clock (but im sure you do), you can put the TIM gauges into the dash where the clock would be.

Will

I've got some tim guages as well but not rev counter. They sit nicely in the centre console & light up at night :cool:

Attachments

• 09_1.jpg
    09_1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01053.JPG
    DSC01053.JPG
    537 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01151.JPG
    DSC01151.JPG
    442 KB · Views: 34
Yep I sure did mount three gauges onto of the dash used TIM clock's Oil,Amp,and Rev counter:D I used a three pod mount from a motor factor cut to shape an aluminium base for pod to allow better fixing to top of dash. wiring easy as has been said just follow instructions. I used a electronic sender for the oil pressure gauge just had to sorce a tee piece for the existing oil warning light switch that I wanted to retain through choice only (y)

:) Hi I will have a word with my son simon that will be later on today if memory serves me it all started with company called Larkspeed they then put me intuch with a engineering company who had the tee units on the shelf all I had to do was give them the bore size and cut.Will find out if LARKSPEED are still going and get back to you:D
Where did you get that said t piece & electronic sender as I need 2 ;)

:D:D Hi still running tel number 0113 264 3231 The sender unit came with the TIM gauge hope that is a help to you. Thanks again for the help you have and are giving me.:worship:
:) Hi I will have a word with my son simon that will be later on today if memory serves me it all started with company called Larkspeed they then put me intuch with a engineering company who had the tee units on the shelf all I had to do was give them the bore size and cut.Will find out if LARKSPEED are still going and get back to you:D

:cry: sorry missed that one:cry: :idea: did have you still got the ebay number if it is still live I'll sort it out :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks will find the bore sizes and give them a call.

I got the tim clocks from ebay and none of the senders were with it but for £5 I found it difficult to complain. BTW you never gave me feedback for that ign unit :p

Where can i find a small tachometer to fit either in the clock space or in a corner of the insrument panel? Is ebay really the only source?

i traded my radio space for the instruments, made an alu plate and fixed it in there
did the job....Anyhoo iprefer the scream of the 8v to any tunes
(y)

Back