DSCI0132.JPG

Panda (Classic) Restoration, summer 2006

Introduction

Well another year has passed and restoration has started once again, with atleast the crappy windscreen region done this year! But still, not much better! I supply some pics that may make you cry! look away NOW if large amounts of rust scare u!

The saddest bit tho, removing the 4x4 stickers on the side:cry: :cry: :cry:

On its way now tho, i have started with the filler now, but no pics yet, it got dark!
pandamonius_maximus said:
The saddest bit tho, removing the 4x4 stickers on the side
Did you keep the sticker?... or does it have a mirrored twin on the other side?

if yes to either of these questions some new replacements can be sorted easily.

yeah, ive got the other side still on, took a picture of it aswell so i can place the new one when i get it and also took a rubbing of it so i can make my own if i cant get, or cant afford (more likely lol) a new one! :D You say easy enough to replace?

Si

edit; the sticker was destroyed wen it was removed!

Last edited:
christopher watson said:
:eek: thats alot of rust, i think i will have to check behind the rear lights on the '45' tomorrow :(

That isnt the half of it lol!! :eek: theres more, tailtgate, drivers side door and sill. It almost make me wanna slash my rists"! :eek: but then who would restore my baby! :D

but yes chris, do check that spot, seems to be a week spot! In fact more importantly check around the rear window, cos if there's a rust hole letting in water there, then it slowly corrodes from the insideat the bottom of the rear wing and you see it when its just too late! use some underseal or summit to seal that up, shouls be fine, but might stink the car out for a bit!:eek:
Cheers
Si

yeah, ive got the other side still on, took a picture of it aswell so i can place the new one when i get it and also took a rubbing of it so i can make my own if i cant get, or cant afford (more likely lol) a new one! :D You say easy enough to replace?

Si

edit; the sticker was destroyed wen it was removed!

if the sticker is the same on the other side then it's a piece of cake... oh and a tip for you. don't do a rubbing of the design... just tape it down flat and take a sharp pencil and mark the corners with a dot through piece of paper. you can then draw it in afterwards if you feel the need... and it's easier for someone else to interpret. make sure that the paper is taught and try not to lean on it.

Cool, thanks for the tip! Do you know where i can find a sheet of red stricky paper that i could make up the sticker with? i have searched all over the place, and have had no luck :( If not i supose i will have to get a sign maker to do it for me, i know of one in my small town of wellington! but the budget is forever diminishing! :eek: so i would prefer to make it myself
Thanks again,
Si

Oooooooh! cool, well thanks guys! Can allways rely on the fiat forum to come up with the goods! :D
Steve, best leave the hobby store for the moment, as we may have a resident sticker maker :D thanks neways though! Gotta get the colour match the same as the other side aswell, that should be fun :(
Now i must sleep, lotsa work to do 2morra, and little time Ahhhhhh!!
Thanks again, will update the situation 2morra if i get the chance!
Si

Gotta get the colour match the same as the other side aswell, that should be fun :(
can't you use bits of the other side you knackered as a colour reference for the vinyl cutters... they can hold it against sheets they have in stock.

FuzzyPanda said:
Well you better take it back to that poxy rotten sod who sold it to you on eBay. I won't stand for this. Hahaha.

Quite, a panda without rust (especially that old) is like a gun without bullets! :D Mwahahahaaaa!

restoration well on its way now, just putting the first coat of alpine green paint on her, bombs awaaaaaaaaay!!!..

will put up pics when i have completed it
Si

ok, camera is buggered! never mind, i can assure you that coat number 1 has been completed with success :D No more rust yipeee!
Now i am off to Brans Hatch with my dad to watch him race in a mk1 scirrocco with an audi tt turbo engine in nit! Mwhaha ha ha hahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!! Should be rather interesting i think.
I shall continue the panda on my return, but for now, adios mis amigos!
Si

ok, camera is buggered! never mind, i can assure you that coat number 1 has been completed with success :D No more rust yipeee!
Now i am off to Brans Hatch with my dad to watch him race in a mk1 scirrocco with an audi tt turbo engine in nit! Mwhaha ha ha hahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!! Should be rather interesting i think.
I shall continue the panda on my return, but for now, adios mis amigos!
Si
i like the Mark1 ... it's designed by the boxy company like the panda. oh and is rather nippy bog standard.

Tony M said:
i like the Mark1 ... it's designed by the boxy company like the panda. oh and is rather nippy bog standard.

I, that it is!, but with a 0-60 of bout 5 secs now, i think vastly faster! :D The race went ok, not a high ranking position but an awesome second race, better than the boring formula fords and formula 3! (n) in fact, those formula bastrds, one guy drove his formula car into ours and ripped the bumper off the back, then they another team pushed their car into our friends car while putting it back into their "transporter" lorry, (obviously they have more rights to be there than us mere saloon car racers! :mad: ) and were generally rude asking us to move our cars out of their way! AAAAHHHHh!! Other than that a good days racing, and only a little bit of damage to the rear! The other car came of a bit worse, but it was only a fiesta! :D

Back on topic now, the second coat is on now, and is looking fab... Just the dark grey bottom part to paint now and the stickers to put on! Yeeehaaaa!
Cheers
Si

Attachments

• DSCI0158.JPG
    DSCI0158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Back