resprayed mirror base plate and electric mirror internals to give away

Currently reading:
resprayed mirror base plate and electric mirror internals to give away

R

Rob

as above its the mirror base plate resprayed in satin black with 2 undercoats of high build red oxide primer to give away and the internals of an electric mirror as well , both for the passeger side, just want to get rid really so rather than bin them i`m giving them away, heres the pics again
Mirrorinternals.jpg

Finish3.jpg

BRAVO, why settle for anything less.

Hi Rob,

Have you got the details of the stuff you used (primer and paint) and how much it cost? I need to do both of mine ASAP because they look shocking. Apparently it doesn't justify doing a guide for as its that easy but I do need a bit of help getting the right kit!

Cheers

Dom

i`d say use at least three coats of red oxide primer then either satin black so it matches the black trim or the color of spray to match your car, and why doesnt it justify doing a guide?
think about, we might end up with some people havin no idea how to do stuff, ie respraying, so please explain why i shouldn`t do one...

Do one and put it up on fiatboo mate, there are people here that do find it hard do ing the simpliest of things. P.s Rob we still okay for tonight?

BannerX.jpg

Designed by Italians, Driven by Enthusiasts

See my Ebay Items here.

Still waiting for theis guide you promised me Rob :)
Whoever said it didnt deserve a guide cos it was too easy? Not me!!!

Last time I asked if the guide for this had been sorted I got a load of posts saying, "you don't need a guide", "sand down, prime, paint, easy" etc. Thats why I thought it wasn't being put up as a guide.

I'm definately one of those who finds it difficult to do the simplest things, especially car related, so a guide would be great please!

Cheers

Dom

A full guide wouldn't be required when you are told directly in a post what to do. The guide will be handy for passing visitors.
The guide will basically tell you to sand it down to the bare metal and use a couple of coats of a good metal primer and some suitable paint of your choice.
I will never knock a guide back for the site :)

sorry about not sortin the guide out that i promised, i was havin problems with my data cable for my phone as i had the pics i needed on my phone, i`ve sorted it out now, plus i`ve got commitments with my new girl at the mo, so i`ll be gettin on here by weekend at the latest, my apologies everyone

Yo Rob,

How's this guide coming along, after an inspection I want to spray my foglight surrounds - very similar to mirror base plates.

Hopefully a job for before Brooklands but time is drawing ever closer lol

Cheers fella

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

its comin along slowly at the moment matt but i`ll have it sorted soon,
i`ve got so many commitments at the mo with the new girl and i`m also loookin for a new job as with workin with city link is gettin me down, i`m wantin to leave asap i don`t fancy bein another accident statistic somehow, the way things are goin