respray

Currently reading:
respray

ace1973

I've got a light blue Punto mk2 and want to get it sprayed black, including bumpers inside of doors and boot etc. Can anyone give me an idea on what the cost would be? Cheers.:cool:

it has sentimental value and would rather keep it than buy another.

From around £500 to £5,000 depending on what you want and where you go.

The best way to get a decent respray is to ask around and find out if anyone does it in their spare time (make sure you see some of their work beforehand) or a small garage or someone who's self employed.

Bodyshops will rip you off big time.

My pink Mini has a custom paint job (cellulose), and it cost about £2k. Another Mini of mine only cost me £400 for black 2pack.

Have a look round other car forums (any make) and you'll see links left from people that have had a good job done.

if you are able to strip the car right down then thats quite a bit done.

leave a paint shop to prep and paint it (every spot preps differently and most won't allow you to do it yourself).

and then you return when its baked and cured you refit all the bits

but prices range hugely, you could get it done for as little as £80, my paddling mate got his LWB vw van done for £80 and the paint job was passable for a van (hadn't been flattened between coats, but meh, he ran the drivers side down a 4ft high wall within a month of having it, now its rusty, so its not important as a working vehicle).

around here, for a pro job., proper rubbing down, getting rid of all dents n dings etc, then a nice normal paint job is £1500. i know a place that'l do it for £300 but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

quick point tho, when re-spraying a car a new colour, if its not heavily modded, potential buyers in the future ask why has it been re-sprayed. they begin to think its been accident damaged. especialy black, it hides most things :p

Back