Technical resetting ECU & headligh bulb replacement (mk1)

Currently reading:
Technical resetting ECU & headligh bulb replacement (mk1)

ok i want to reset the ECU in my sisters car, how do i do this? i need to do it the quickest possible way??

do i have to disconnet the battery (which she wont allow because il lose all her stereo settings and everything) or can i disconnect the ecu? if so how long does it take to reset? (cant do it overnight)

let me know- thanks!! :)

and how do i change the headlight bulb? if its just going to be obvious when i look then dont worry. :) my xenon bulbs came, i hope there going to be brighter :)

You should be ok just disconnecting the ecu. I do this all the time on older punto, just make sure the ignition has been switched off for at least 90 seconds before you disconnect it otherwise you could cause ecu damage.

more detail. look on back of lamp, you will see big round rubber with wires coming out, either pull the plug off and then rubber or pull rubber back then unplug, tis what ever you find easier, behind there yoy will see an end of buld and a clip, clip in photo, squese that clip together and it will hinge down, bulb is now free to pull out :)

Attachments

• lamp.JPG
    lamp.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
uno_94 said:
ok i want to reset the ECU in my sisters car, how do i do this? i need to do it the quickest possible way??

do i have to disconnet the battery (which she wont allow because il lose all her stereo settings and everything) or can i disconnect the ecu? if so how long does it take to reset? (cant do it overnight)

let me know- thanks!! :)

and how do i change the headlight bulb? if its just going to be obvious when i look then dont worry. :) my xenon bulbs came, i hope there going to be brighter :)
I hope those are 'proper' Xenon bulbs not the £7.99 ones on eBay all they seem to be is chinese halogen bulb with a blue filter actually less output because of the filter.(n)

dazzdog said:
Whats wrong with them?
well there called bonnet lifters so i thought they might actually lift up the bonnet like the boot does- but no, not really. you either have to lift the bonnet up until its about 20cm away from being fully up and then the lifters work and lift it up for the last 20cm, or you have to lift the bonnet up hard and kinda push it and it seems to do it just about, im just not impressed. only thing i find them usefull for is they look quite cool when the bonnet's open and you dont have to use the metal rod thing to support the bonnet and when you close it you just give it a little push down about 20cm again and it goes down nicly until just before it closes where it speeds up and slams shut, i rather liked that :cool: when i closed the bonnet a ferrari drove past and he turned his head at it closing as i was walking away hehe :eek: :D

so i think they are quite worth it but find there not stron enough for the punto bonnet, so not impressed with my £30 :( if they were £10 then id be impressed. :) .

if you want il TRY and get a video of it opening closing etc but no guarrantees because my nokia's being repaired and id use that for the video :)

Maybe you just got a dodgy set because thinking about it the struts you bought were suitable for a mk3 cavalier and they have a hell of a bigger bonnet than a punto :idea:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back