Technical Resetting Airbag ECU with Multi ECUScan

Currently reading:
Technical Resetting Airbag ECU with Multi ECUScan

Forgive me for repeating this, as I have put it in the thread about Diary of my Cat C.

I am having trouble resetting the codes in my Airbag ECU. Initially, it said it couldn't connect to the ECU, but then when I press DTS Scan, it shows all the error codes (picture below) but there's nowhere to be able to reset them. I am using the yellow cable connected as normal to the OBD port. I've looked through every part of the software and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to reset the codes.

I do have a replacement Airbag ECU, but people on here were telling me that MECU would reset it. Has anyone actually done this successfully before?

Attachments

• errorcode.jpg
    errorcode.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 131
Forgive me for repeating this, as I have put it in the thread about Diary of my Cat C.

I am having trouble resetting the codes in my Airbag ECU. Initially, it said it couldn't connect to the ECU, but then when I press DTS Scan, it shows all the error codes (picture below) but there's nowhere to be able to reset them. I am using the yellow cable connected as normal to the OBD port. I've looked through every part of the software and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to reset the codes.

I do have a replacement Airbag ECU, but people on here were telling me that MECU would reset it. Has anyone actually done this successfully before?

Sorry to state th obvious, but you do have the registered (paid) version of MES?

Robert G8RPI

Hi,
in Multiecuscan revision 2.7 you connect to the airbag ECU, press F3 or click on the "Errors" button, Then press F10 or click on "Clear Errors" button (bottom left).
I think you may just be clicking the DTC Scan button. Connect instead using F10 or the "Connect" button.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

Hi,
When you select your vehicle in MES there are "system" and "control module" lists. Select "Airbag" in system, "Continential...." in module and then click connect.

Robert G8RPI.
OMG I'm such a pillock. I've just realised after booting up the laptop that under System there was a scroll bar with ABS, Airbag etc. I feel really stupid now. I'm actually running V2.4. I imagine I can update, but will have to pay again?

I've now downloaded 2.7 and according to the website it's a free upgrade for registered users. Happy days. Thanks for your help. Can't believe I was so stupid!!!

Just out of interest, can you connect directly to an airbag ECU or does it have to be installed in the car?

Last edited:
Back