General Reset tyre pressure monitoring Panda Cross 4x4

Currently reading:
General Reset tyre pressure monitoring Panda Cross 4x4

So - I need to reset my tyre pressure monitoring in my 2017 Panda Cross 4x4 and I am getting so frustrated as I am clearly missing something!

With the car manual in front of me, it says to use the Main Menu. I assume this is the button on the radio (radio says Uconnect on the top of it) at the bottom right of the radio?

When I press the Menu button, according to the manual I then press the button with a curved backward arrow/SET on it and the display will show RESET.

What I actually get is general menu which I can go up and down in until I see RESET and select it. Then it says PRESS with a symbol of right facing arrow TO START
I press the right hand side of the button with the four arrows... then I get a message RESET STARTING
That's it - nothing seems to reset!

Clearly I am missing the obvious/being stupid - I suspect I am simply resetting the radio settings.... - can anyone advise please?!

Can’t find post...
Here’s the process.
Note the menu ‘set’ button is two to the left of the hazard light switch. The ‘up’ and ‘down’ buttons are those either side of the ‘set’ button. (These also act to adjust the headlight height if ‘set’ is NOT pressed and the lights are on)

Before resetting tyre pressure warning, manually check and if necessary correct the tyre pressures.

Close car door
Turn ignition key to first position (dash lights on)
Wait for the message display in the centre of the instrument console above the engine temperature ‘graph’ to settle (eg after phone connects etc... will show one of these: trip/fuel range/ fuel consumption/Radio station or just the date - depends on your preference)

Now follow this sequence...

- Press ‘set’
- Message Display shows ‘Menu’
- Press ‘Up’ button twice - shows ‘exit menu’ on first press and ‘reset tyres’ on second
(Note: if you already have the warning light and message about low typre pressure, you may just need to press 'set' once to go direct to the reset option)
- Press ‘Set’.
- Display shows ‘Reset: No (flashing)’
- Press ‘Up’ arrow
- Display shows ‘Reset: Yes (flashing)’
- Press ‘Set’
- Display shows ‘Confirm: no (flashing)‘
- Press ‘up’ arrow
- Display shows ‘Confirm: Yes (flashing)‘
- Press ‘set’
- Display shows ‘Confirmed reset’ and then goes back to show ‘Reset tyres’ again.
- Press ‘Down’ arrow
- Display shows ‘exit menu’
- Press Set - which exits setup menus and returns display to show your usual info (which you can alter by pressing ‘Trip’ on the end of the wiper switch. )

Last edited:
Couple of photos to confirm the menu ‘set’ and ‘up/down’ buttons, and a couple of views of the display

Attachments

• 666EB47C-359D-48C7-AC3D-C76485E9A91B.jpeg
    666EB47C-359D-48C7-AC3D-C76485E9A91B.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 55
  • B5464365-5BFF-4F35-B35C-2CA57C81BAA7.jpeg
    B5464365-5BFF-4F35-B35C-2CA57C81BAA7.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 31429728-7BE2-4F45-B822-FBA494E2E921.jpeg
    31429728-7BE2-4F45-B822-FBA494E2E921.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 61
Thank you for that information! All done now...

Interestingly with my vehicle, your first instruction to press the SET button didn't do anything. I had to press the MENU button on the radio, then the SET button....... then your instructions were perfect!

Just need to set up the radio functions as I had them.....before I messed them up!

I feel a bit of an idiot at being beaten by a car's menu system!!

Interestingly with my vehicle, your first instruction to press the SET button didn't do anything. I had to press the MENU button on the radio, then the SET button....... then your instructions were perfect!
Glad it worked. It seems to need a lot of steps to basically say ‘yes’! Odd that you needed to press ‘menu’ on the radio though? Mines a 2018 car with uConnect radio, but I don’t need to press anything there to change the car settings...

Just need to set up the radio functions as I had them.....before I messed them up!

I feel a bit of an idiot at being beaten by a car's menu system!!
Car dashboard menus are the most complicated thing going
Second only to setting the time on a microwave

Ha Ha.
I'm in the middle of restoring a 1951 projection tv. Here are a list of the customer controls
On off volume.
Brightness.
Contrast.
Line hold.
Frame hold.
Focus.
Line linearity
Overall frame linearity.
Top frame linearity.
Sensitivity.
Vision interference limiter.
Tone.
Sync.

Just imagine they were all out of adjustment, which we will see after I get the EHT transformer can opened to replace the rectifiers.

This leads to a very off-topic question: can it still be used to watch anything, since no analogue broadcasts out there and I guess 1951 would have been very different frequencies too?

Absolutely.
There are converters that convert a 625 line PAL baseband signal to System A, 405 lines with all 13 VHF channels generated. Two common ones are the Aurora SCRF converter and the open source Hedghog (note spelling) I've a few 405 line sets in good working order.
Thread here..https://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=8074

Back