General Replacing Washer Bottle

Currently reading:
General Replacing Washer Bottle

Marie

My mk1 punto has been leaking water for the past couple of days, I hadn't noticed until I needed to use the washer jets and there was nothing there, which was strange as I had topped it up a short time ago and hadn't used any until then.

Last night I left the car parked in a carpark for a short time and when I came back to it, a puddle of water was there, which came from directly under the washer bottle, so I now know for sure that it's leaking as normally it is parked on mud, not concrete.

Anyway, is it a big job to remove the washer bottle, can it be got at without removing the nearside front wheel?

Thanks

Marie

Maybe, but I need to check the most obvious problem first and then I can start checking hoses.

My punto eats 3-way valves every 18 months or so, It empties the washer bottle in about 36 hours progressively getting worse until it gets to the point I have to fill up before each journey and I replace the valve.

The leak is coming from directly under the washer bottle, so I am assuming it is the washer bottle at fault, that's why I would like to know if it's an easy job to remove it and check it out, just to cross it off my list of suspects

Well you have to remove the wheel arch which can be tricky but besides that it's more havin' the space to do it.

Thank god it wasnt the washer bottle then, I just took a look at it in the cold light of day and it seems it is a two way nozzle that is the cause of the problem.

Thanks for the help

Back