General replacing rad

Currently reading:
General replacing rad

sjg1983

I'm gunna get a new cinq!
hello all

how easy hard is it to replace the rad on a cinq sporting??

tips and short cuts will be handy

cheers all

take front bumper off then its very very easy, it can be done with the bumper on but I think it would be as quick if not quicker just to take bumper off, i can get mine off in 5 mins.

TBH always good to have a Haynes manual at hand when working on a car if you are not confident.

Aaron.

thanks

yep bumper off as it up on ramps at the mo and to low with bumper on lol

doing starter motor at the mo and rad is so close to dead so im doing that aswel

got a haynes manual aswell

Last edited:
the bleed tube that goes through the inner wing. if you pull the tube down through the wing. tie some string to it first. leave the string in place. makes for putting the tube back in through the wing a lot easier.

same here mate

but took the starter motor off the other day n was easy so may aswell save myself some ££££

best way to learn. when i got my car i'd never worked on a car before. 6weeks later, the HG blew so i did that. 12months later i put a punto engine in it.

humm better start asaving for a punto engine then lol

I done my rad and the thermo mod just a couple of months ago, my tip would be leave the bumper on as although fiddly it aint that hard.

Also take off the rubber bits that are one the old radiator to fit onto the new one, these make it hang in place and not vibrate, you'll know what I'm on about once you see it.

Liam

the bumper is already off so no bother wit that

J333EVO said:
It takes less than 10 miins to take bumper off, so why not (although i know you have for others benefit) it is so easy to take off and makes changing a doddle, I can change my rad in less than an hour.

Aaron.

because, if like my car, the bumper has never been taken off before it's a reet bitch to remove. stupid design of the clips. square of metal set in plastic. gee i wonder if the thread might seize and then just spin the metal. argh. took bloody ages!

arc said:
because, if like my car, the bumper has never been taken off before it's a reet bitch to remove. stupid design of the clips. square of metal set in plastic. gee i wonder if the thread might seize and then just spin the metal. argh. took bloody ages!
turbo bumper hasnt been off yet for that very reason.need to soon though

yeah putting new bumer on mine

the side clips are a arse seam to break

Back