General Replacing Punto with Stilo - big improvement?

Currently reading:
General Replacing Punto with Stilo - big improvement?

yugo23

I want to replace my 2005 1.2 16V Punto with 2004 Stilo JTD, preferably Multijet 140HP.
Apart from the obvious - size, what are the areas where Stilo is big improvement over Punto? Or maybe not? :p

hi, I replaced a 97 sporting for my stilo abarth - the obvious differences for me being power available / delivery of power, and the level of kit / trim it is decked out with.

overall, from punto upto stilo should give noticable;

superior feel on motorway cruises,
larger car "feel" when sitting in as driver and / or passenger,
more toys as standard between like for like models,
a "newer" design, therefore more innovations / higher quality,
more rear room,

i kept the punto and have it in the garage, drove it last week for the first time in 2 months and wow, what a difference in overall feel. (a backwards step).

there may be more......

The biggest shock for you would be how stable the car is at high speed, 100mph on motorway feel like 70-80.
as for the JTD, you might find the car understeer badly as some inexperance member think and start saying the stilo handling badly. you just have to adapt your driving style a bit.

Punto V stilo = no contest and never will be whatever it has under the bonnet end off subject :D

The biggest shock for you would be how stable the car is at high speed, 100mph on motorway feel like 70-80.
as for the JTD, you might find the car understeer badly as some inexperance member think and start saying the stilo handling badly. you just have to adapt your driving style a bit.

Understeer can be helped with the right wheel/tyre/springs choice.

Mine was much worse stock 15s etc.

Intresting... I feel it has plenty of grip and brake power with Winter M+S tyres. Just can't imagine how it holds the road with 17" 215's for dry road and some stiffer suspension.

What were they driving before Stilo, if they complain any grip issues? A carting?

mine has "16 205s and it understeers badly and well if the road is wet, it´s a nightmare, i´m pretty sure something has to be wrong with it : (

mine has "16 205s and it understeers badly and well if the road is wet, it´s a nightmare, i´m pretty sure something has to be wrong with it : (

Fitting a strut brace with sort that problem out (y)

I really don´t know i mean the car is barely 5 months old, so the tyres don´t have that much use on them, and they aren´t exactly the cheapest nastiest tyres, they are continentals R16 205/55 96V, so i´m really thinking of going to fiat and ask them to have a look.

LOL!

On the bright side the punto had amazing grip, almost as if it though, if i skid i die lmao

On the darker side, even if i hadn´t moved back to spain i would´ve changed it, the engine was leaking oil all over the place, regardless of how many times it got "fixed", and it didn´t have that much mileage either, like 65k

Back