General Replacing Punto with Stilo - big improvement?

Currently reading:
General Replacing Punto with Stilo - big improvement?

actually i just came back from lunch brake, technicly i had till 4pm english time but i have quite a bit of work that needs doing so meh.

then...........................

BEEP BEEP 'airbag failure'

BEEP BEEP 'loose connection'

BEEP BEEP 'low oil level'

BEEP BEEP 'stop engine' :devil:

LOL, I hope not. Punto is sold, now all I need to do is find a good Stilo. :)

keep looking, look for a good one. what version are you after getting :confused: ,
get a 3dr unless you need 5dr's. Dynamic spec is good including everything you need really. Alloys, Air-con etc. You might even be looky and find one with the skyroof.

What engine are you wanting to get. I can highly reccomend the JTD engine, it returns me 50ish to the gallon, and i get nearly 600 miles to a 45 quid tankful - which is excellent. Its also fast enough for the car.

3dr JTD for sure. No more petrol cars for me. Ever. I like skyroof a lot, but it's hard to find one here.

I was lucky to find my car with the skyroof. I just saw it for sale on the fiat website, and rang the dealer. They had only just got it in so had no pictures or descriptions of it up on there website yet.

So i gave them a call, and she described it on the phone to me. Abarth Side Skirts, Boot Spolier, 17" anthracite wheels, Upgraded stereo, and skyroof.

I had been to look at another Stilo on the same day that i found this for sale, that was a dynamic spec, but had none of the above, plus it had more miles and wa sa few months older, and for the same price (from a car supermarket as well).

The skyroof is a nice addition to have, especially when it is sunny. Mind you, even when its not you can just turn the heating on and put it down.

Ive just had a quick scan through the autotrader and it seems that all the newer stilos (55 plate onwards), none of them seem to have the skyroof's on. It only seems to be the older cars that do, and they only run the 115bhp enging (like mine), however with a remap you could get that power up to 150 bhp ?

However, you might be lucky and come across something. Either way, you will sure get a surprise when you get into one and drive it (well, mine was when i just sat in the drivers seat not able to go anywhere and i though to myself - o gotta have a car like this - 2 weeks later i did).

I think anyone who thinks Stilos are two a penny because nobody wants them are seriously deluding themselves (n)

When you do find a good example then you need to act fast because if you don't then you can be sure someone else will. Mine's a cracking example and I didn't hang around doing the deal when I found it - and certainly haven't regretted it since :spin:

There's a garage near to me and I've so far seen 2 Stilos on their forecourt and yet in just a matter of days they're gone :eek:

Thats what the garage in Wakefield i got my car from was like, just finished my test drive, went for a meal with my mum just up the road to discuss it, came back with a deposit one hour later, handed it all over, sorted it out, said i could pick it up the week after.

Was walking out to get in my 'then' car, and these people were walking round the Stilo saying how much they liked it :rolleyes: , Then a dealer came out and put a sold sign on it, the look on there faces was just priceless :D

As a non bias answer.... before i had a fiat stilo... i was mad on rover /mg... and still i am, people slate them.... all jump on the "k-series blow head gaskets" bandwagon..... i havent found anythin yet which matches the 220 turbo or the 200 Vi....

Since having the fiat.. granted its had its problems in 8 months of ownership..

Bought it with 21k on the clock and in 8 months its had:

New cd changer as mine was throwing a wobbler £110
new MAP sensor... engine fault £30 (can tester) £60 MAP sensor
2 new parking sensors £34
new exhaust £40
no labour costs as i did the work myself..

£275 in 8 months....

Not bad really... I wouldnt get rid of it.... and dont let it put you off getting one...

any car can have problems....

I must admit that my Stilo had a few problems when i bought it, but doesnt any car? You can get good ones and you can get bad ones. I still had the remainder of the 3rd year of warranty on mine and they got sorted on that, im happy with my car and even though people might say they wouldnt buy one, its usually not Fiats/Alfas (anything prone to unreliablity) that i see sat at the side of the road. Its new Mercs and Audis. :rolleyes:

Back