Technical Replacing original Radio with aftermarket

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing original Radio with aftermarket

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🎵

RalphNL

Hello all,

Today i was trying to fit in my double din radio ( Pioneer FH-X700BT ) but i have to problems with turning it on.

My old radio has a ISO-connector with:
4 pins ( + speakers)
4 pins ( - speakers)
1 black (- ground)
1 red ( + 12v?)
1 light blue (0v)
1 white (+ 4.5v)

My new radio connector has:
1 black
1 red
1 yellow
8 pins for speakers

-------------------------

I tried fitting the yellow to the white/blue connector but i still can not turn the radio on.

So what do i need to do now?

And i see several dashboard frames. Do i need to buy one with a frame(€80) or only the one with the cover,€20)

Thank you for the help,
Ralph

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This is what I used on my bravo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-Brav...1?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a6da4f7d5

It's canbus operated, so without wire chopping turns the power supply on and off with the ignition as required. If youve the 3.5mm control connector on your head unit also, then it'll allow your steering controls to operate the head unit also (y)

Sorry to bring up an old thread MEP.

But I ordered that adapter and just fitted my Pioneer HU yesterday, but the steering Controls didn't wanna work. I removed the Blue&Me module and still nothing. I connected the 3 wires with crimps as I assumed they would be park brake, reverse and pulse control (or something like that) that my headunit also had connections for.

How did you get yours to work and is there other wires i might need to solder? (I ended up cutting off the connection going to the radio to solder all the wires that came with the Pioneer harness onto this harness)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🎵
Back