General Replacing front seats in a Panda...

Currently reading:
General Replacing front seats in a Panda...

Luke Mayhew

bit of a random one and thought id check with the experts.... The front seats in my panda have (almost literally in places) had the stuffing knocked out of them and ideally need replacing... Now i have a sadly defunct Bravo available and was thinking would it be possible to replace the seats in the panda with those of the Bravo... I would guess that they are too wide, but has anyone done this sort of thing and be willing to suggest seats that will easily fit in and be comfy... Big ask i know :)

Cheers

bit of a random one and thought id check with the experts.... The front seats in my panda have (almost literally in places) had the stuffing knocked out of them and ideally need replacing... Now i have a sadly defunct Bravo available

I seriously doubt you get them to match anywhere... I suspect the bravo seats are removed by unbolting the rails at either end and simply lifted upwards if they are anything like the Tipo which preceded it. the recess for the sliding bits is on the top of the rails... facing upwards etc..

the Panda Mk2 seats slide into runner/guides/rails that are welded onto the floorpan... and they face inwards towards each other...

so you can see there might be a few hiccups while fitting them.

I thought that might be the case. Ho hum, will just have to recover the seat with a bit more material/padding. Cheers for advice though :)

You could look in a scrap yard for panda/lancia Y10 seats. If you're lucky enough to find a lancia they have superior seats IIRC

Improved variants on the mk1 Panda seats were fitted to the Seat Marbella / Terra van. These seats bolt through the floor-pan and don't need the complicated side-fittings.(y)

Back