Technical replacing electric air recirculation actuator

Currently reading:
Technical replacing electric air recirculation actuator

andrew75oty

Hi all,

has anyone of you achieved to replace the electric air recirculation actuator? (item n.1 in the picture)
Mine is broken and it seems to be a real challenge to replace it.
motorino.JPG

I've replaced it with RC servo glued to original gear, it is controlled just by reversing the polarity for a while after the button is pressed.
Discussion in these two threads:
I believe you would not need the control circuit I've built on mine (actually controls the servo with signal with teached open/closed positions), just wire straight to the rc servo motor inside the case bypassing the control circuit and add resistor in series to limit the motor power so it goes against the endstop like the original motor.

I've replaced it with RC servo glued to original gear, it is controlled just by reversing the polarity for a while after the button is pressed.
Discussion in these two threads:
I believe you would not need the control circuit I've built on mine (actually controls the servo with signal with teached open/closed positions), just wire straight to the rc servo motor inside the case bypassing the control circuit and add resistor in series to limit the motor power so it goes against the endstop like the original motor.
Thank you for your reply,

Fiat suggests to extract the whole heating unit in order to replace it! OMG!

I have bought a new recirculation actuator, and just studying a way to replace it, perhaps I could access to it from above, removing the item n. 4.
plancia.JPG

Last edited:
I think removing the airbag cover will not help as the supports for the dash are in the way. I took the glove box out and lied on my back in there with feet up on the seat. Maybe one of the loose philips heads interchangeable bits and wrench turning it in the small space? Can't remember anymore.

You can try it if it comes out easily.
Taking the glovebox out needs to be done anyway to access the fasteners for the no.4. Also seems like the heater/radio panel facia also needs to come out as some are behind it.

I think removing the airbag cover will not help as the supports for the dash are in the way. I took the glove box out and lied on my back in there with feet up on the seat. Maybe one of the loose philips heads interchangeable bits and wrench turning it in the small space? Can't remember anymore.

You can try it if it comes out easily.
Taking the glovebox out needs to be done anyway to access the fasteners for the no.4. Also seems like the heater/radio panel facia also needs to come out as some are behind it.
I'm waiting from ebay the new actuator, then I will think the best way to proceed.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I will post in next days!

Just got the new actuator (original from Fiat).
Now I have to take courage and try to replace it!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-19 at 10.56.53 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-19 at 10.56.53 AM.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64
Hi all,

last Friday I took courage and succesfully replaced the electric recirculation actuator.
Just spent few minutes to remove the Lucas control unit in order to make room and make the way to reach the electric motor.
It was a hard challenge but I achieved the aim!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 80
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 80
Hi all,

last Friday I took courage and succesfully replaced the electric recirculation actuator.
Just spent few minutes to remove the Lucas control unit in order to make room and make the way to reach the electric motor.
It was a hard challenge but I achieved the aim!
Hello my friend.
I have the same problem. How did you remove the 2 screws from the back side? There is no space for any screwdriver.
If you could give me more detailed instructions that would be great.
Thank you.

Back