Styling Replacing Bulbs

Currently reading:
Styling Replacing Bulbs

W23AJH 100HP

Wide Open Throttle
I am going to be replacing my headlamp and and sidelight bulbs soon with Phillips Bluevision's, now is this a simple or difficult job. Please say simple. :p

Compared with many modern cars this is a simple job.
Access to the back of the headlamp units is good and removal of the back cover of the unit gives access to the bulbs themselves.

compared to pretty much any car I have ever had, they are a doddle. As said above, remove the retaining clip on the back and full access is before you.

Cheers guys I am thinking about replacing the number plate lights with LED's but I am not sure what size to get, do you have any idea??

Here is a link of the right type and choice of sizes:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/innov8-international/Number-Plate-LEDs-/_i.html?_fsub=2037596014&_sid=550994594&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
I could be wrong here, but I think some of these led bulbs will cause the faulty light bulb to flash up on the information screen on the dashboard ,something to do with the cambus I think. Not sure if the numberplate bulbs are involved in this circuit though.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I could be wrong here, but I think some of these led bulbs will cause the faulty light bulb to flash up on the information screen on the dashboard ,something to do with the cambus I think. Not sure if the numberplate bulbs are involved in this circuit though.

Yeah they will (if part of the system), its to do with the much lower resistance with led bulbs. Think they need to be fitted with a resistor so the on board computer can detect there is a bulb present.

Yeah they will (if part of the system), its to do with the much lower resistance with led bulbs. Think they need to be fitted with a resistor so the on board computer can detect there is a bulb present.

Yep you are both correct but you can buy resistor's to go with them so that you do not get any warning messages.

I wanna find out which lights BMWs are using for reg plates at the mo, they are so bright

I wanna find out which lights BMWs are using for reg plates at the mo, they are so bright

Why would you want your reg plate bulbs brighter, or any other bulb on your car, unless you want to blind oncomimg drivers i suppose.

I just dont get this, must be getting old i suppose. :(

Why would you want your reg plate bulbs brighter, or any other bulb on your car, unless you want to blind oncomimg drivers i suppose.

There is no point in it really just makes the car look cooler imo.

Personally, I like the look of LEDs but I wouldn't go to the effort and expense of changing them until the existing bulbs go.

Whether or not they are 'cool' or just 'different' is a matter of opinion. A few of the pelican crossing push-button boxes near me have had LED lights fitted. Are they cool? Of course not. They do attract the eye though simply by being different to the norm.

'Horses for courses' as they say :)

I like all the lights to be the same colour, white, not yellowy white. For me its a cleaner look.

I like all the lights to be the same colour, white, not yellowy white. For me its a cleaner look.

Ok, i get it. Must admit i loved the look of the Audis when they started using LED's.

As has been said, each to there own. I spend loads on my Mountain bikes, getting as many parts as i can in blue, looks great against my silver frame. And yes my mates all take the mick out of me for it. (y)

All the time, the panda is the wifes car during the week so she drives it away every morning :p Lol

I also love photography, so.....

I know its a little thing, but it's one of those things that I can change easily and has instant effect.

On a side note, save me looking it up, are the sidelights cap less bulbs? And which headlight bulbs does the panda take? H1s??

All the time, the panda is the wifes car during the week so she drives it away every morning :p Lol

I also love photography, so.....

I know its a little thing, but it's one of those things that I can change easily and has instant effect.

On a side note, save me looking it up, are the sidelights cap less bulbs? And which headlight bulbs does the panda take? H1s??

Headlight is H4, you can look on here for the types of all the bulbs:

http://www.pal-guide.com/

[Devil's Advocate] When do you get to see the 'cleaner look' then? ;)

Exactly. I've actually bought some bulbs which have a bit more of an orange look to them which makes them a bit more conspicuous to other road users plus as usual they're also brighter.

Exactly. I've actually bought some bulbs which have a bit more of an orange look to them which makes them a bit more conspicuous to other road users plus as usual they're also brighter.

In all honesty the Silver indicator bulbs shine a brighter orange (y)

Back