Styling replacing abarth rear apron

Currently reading:
Styling replacing abarth rear apron

Neither will just adhesive, i think, well it didnt hold one of my skirts one. i got a funny rattling,then i got my arse into gear screwing them on aswell

If you're relying just on the glue, you really have to scratch up and clean both the surfaces (acetone or spirit wipe). It's certainly safer to pop the odd screw or rivet in there. (Stainless by choice.)

maybe ill get ye old pot rivet gun out then and use some adhesive aswell:cool:
what you think maybe 2eachside?

I've never fitted arches, but it makes sense to do it the same way. One trick, if you're painting stuff after you've bonded it on, is to give the edge whre the tiger seal is a wipe with spirit wipe (not white spirit) on a clean cloth: it smooths the edges really nicely. Then you can paint over the tiger seal and it won't show at all.

I've never fitted arches, but it makes sense to do it the same way. One trick, if you're painting stuff after you've bonded it on, is to give the edge whre the tiger seal is a wipe with spirit wipe (not white spirit) on a clean cloth: it smooths the edges really nicely. Then you can paint over the tiger seal and it won't show at all.

thats cool and sounds like a plan..i might in a sence mold the apron to the bumper to give the smoother look, gonna have to find someone to ask where abouts to rivet the arches onto as ive never fitted them before either:rolleyes:

Back