Technical Replacement key Fob / Blip

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement key Fob / Blip

goddardo

I recently bought a 2003 Punto Active.
Really liking it so far, but I've noticed the blue plastic circular key fob/blip is wearing out. The rubber button has worn through & has become a bit hit & miss, especially when unlocking the car.
Please can someone point me in the right direction for a relacement.
The obvious one is a Fiat garage, but could I get one from ebay & how do I programme it to my car ??

I recently bought a 2003 Punto Active.
Really liking it so far, but I've noticed the blue plastic circular key fob/blip is wearing out. The rubber button has worn through & has become a bit hit & miss, especially when unlocking the car.
Please can someone point me in the right direction for a relacement.
The obvious one is a Fiat garage, but could I get one from ebay & how do I programme it to my car ??

I'm in a similar situation with my key, from what I understand you can just buy a new key fob case for a few quid from eBay, and carefully transfer the internals of your old key into the new key (including the transponder..carefully!) And then just get the new key cut to match your old key, just make sure you buy the right key type for your car :)

This is the one for my car: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180715360370

Last edited:
Do you have the key where you key fob is separate from your key? If so you can sometimes get new cases for them or used but in good condition on eBay or abacusalarms.com and you can just swap your internals over, or you can buy a whole new fob for around £18 and reprogram that to work, just search meta key fob on eBay or Google and you should get some results.

Yes, it's a seperate fob from the key, a blue circular casing. about 1.5 inch diameter

Just done a temporary fix until I get another casing, by cutting down a foam earplug...perfect fit..... and sellotaping it over the switch. I dont risk damaging switch with my fingernail that way.

I have a blue key also with transponder inside ,does anyone know where I can get a cheap transponder from ,not the casing it's the actual inners ,as fiat want nearly £300 to get one programme it and such !!!! Really desperate thanks in advance ;-(

Might have made a complete idiot of myself but I can get in the car lock all the doors and start engine with all doors locked ,is it maybe to do with the central locking ;-( confused)

The further I get away from the car the more the central locking doesn't work ,battery maybe ;-(

Sorry for all the questions but whT amp fuse is it meant to be for punto mk2,2003 central locking thanks again

Found out what it is ,u see where the scissors are point to that bit ,the other silver bit beside it has to go on there but it's a pain in the arse!!! Is there anywhere I can get that piece from ,,really stuffed without it cheers ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391605216.829129.jpg

Or can I just get another curcuit board and put in it !!! Thanks in advance

Back