Technical Replace a diesel engine with petrol ?

Currently reading:
Technical Replace a diesel engine with petrol ?

kezzy

I have a doblo diesel 1.9JTD. With the London ULEZ expansion, I need to get of it by August'23. I was wondering if anyone has taken out the diesel engine and replaced it with a petrol one. How was it and what needs to be changed ? How much hassle and what did it cost ?

Thanks.

I have a doblo diesel 1.9JTD. With the London ULEZ expansion, I need to get of it by August'23. I was wondering if anyone has taken out the diesel engine and replaced it with a petrol one. How was it and what needs to be changed ? How much hassle and what did it cost ?

Thanks.
I have done it both ways in the past, but with modern vehicles and ECU electronics etc. I would say the best option is to buy the petrol one you want and sell the diesel as a going concern to someone outside the ULEZ area, it will be less grief in the long term.

Plus you can't change the government dvla record of the emmisions standard for your vehicle , so you still would have to get rid of it.

As above, selling it will be a lot cheaper and far less hassle.

Plus you can't change the government dvla record of the emmisions standard for your vehicle , so you still would have to get rid of it.
In the extreme, you can convert to pure electric and STILL need to pay the same as the original emission class

Back