General Repairing some damage today

Currently reading:
General Repairing some damage today

Well last sunday, whilst out round rivington and the area, I ripped off a rear mudguard.

Basically i stopped to let someone pass me, and the rear passenger wheel sunk in the mud at the side of the road (it was quite low and i think the floor of the car met the floor at this point). Was a bit nervous as i could feel the back end going down in that corner.

As both front wheels on tarmac, i drove forward and got out easy, with an almighty bang.

The road wasnt wide enough for me to stop and inspect, so drove to where it was, pulled over and rear mudguard gone. Luckily it has took a chunk out the bumper and i retrieved said guard but lost two of the metal clips. The tow remaining are that rusted to buggery they are spent, so before i can put it back on I have to source some similar clips (u shaped metal with a bolt in one side to clamp it) so before i go have my wallet relieved at fiat, im going to go out and tour the DIY shops in the local area!

The guard has to go back on as although it didnt snap the bumper- it has scuppered the paint, which the guard will cover.

wish me luck!

Think I've seen similair either in a proper ironmongers (those that still sell nails by weight) or in a woodyard. Know what you mean though, like a piece of U channel with a bolt going through one side - works like a G clamp.

thats exactly what I need and not been able to locate, tried all local DIY and builders places, even wickes and b&q, asked my plumber mates, air con engineering mates and window fitters and no-ones got any or knows where to get them

Im pretty sure we have those at work.. being industrial ironmongers... and powertool repairs...

i'l have a look tomorrow...

If we do i can always post them to you if needs be..
(y)

Dont have them at our branch sorry... have mentioned about them to one of our fixings suppliers so might get a few as freebies...

will keep you posted..

I know how annoying it can be getting hold of such things... and it will be sods law that as soon as you get them... you will start to see them everywhere....

This is driving me nuts- if i had my own little workshop with a vice i would have made some by now

Really want to get this back on so I can clean the car and get the winter cack off it and get it looking good.

does anyone else have a suggestion for where to get some of these from- its turned into an obsession! (ooh like a DIY hardware shop, lets just nip in and...)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Look what i found on my travels yesterday!

Cheers Tarrant's Shop & Garage, Broomhill, Sheffield :woot:

No longer will my head be done in by only having 1 rear mudguard on!

Just need to paint em black and get some sort of locktite

Attachments

• Mudg.jpg
    Mudg.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back