Renault Laguna

Currently reading:
Renault Laguna

Nice car Angel, hope you like it, I can't sing enough praises about them but I am old before my time so no idea if it suits people that want a bit more fun from their car.

Got some petrol in her today and mechanic managed to get it started. He's took her to the garage ready to MOT on Tuesday, if no cancellation tomorrow.

So should hopefully know what faults there are and then get her valeted, then yay get her back on the road after a year of being not driven.

We're very excited about all the refinements she's got and hopefully she'll be a good drive too!

my mother had a 1.8 8v RT Sport 'R' Reg for 9 years, never broke down and I loved the driving position, wasn't the fastest of cars but felt very sturdy and was comfy as hell!

never had any problems with it :D

Just had the MOT results and she's failed miserably, so bye bye Laguna. :(

ok, here we go....

1. Rear registration plate lamp not working
2. N/s front brake disc excessively pitted
3. O/s as above
4. N/s front brake pad has restricted free movement
5. O/s as above
6. Rear brake load sensing valve linkage seized
7. O/s rear brake grabbing severely
8. N/s front coil spring fractured
9. Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive
10. Exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specific limits
11. Front power steering pipe(s) or hose(s) leaking
12. Front registration plate letter/figure likely to be misread
13. Rear (box) exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases

then the advisory items....

14. N/s front headlamp not in good working order but not adversely affecting beam image
15. O/s front as above
16. N/s front track rod end ball joint has slight play
17. O/s front as above
18. Underside of vehicle very rusty.

So, all in all, didnt fail on much really :p :eek: no wonder they gave it to us! :rolleyes:

Oh well, will be up by £35 when its scrapped lol

Around £400'ish is what i've been quoted, which is quite a lot of money when its not your 'ideal' car.

He'd quoted:

£120 for the brake discs
£60 for the brake pads
£80 for the coil spring
£55 for the exhaust
and couldnt quote on the power steering leak, so dunno how much that would be till he found the problem!

Was just going to be useful for the timebeing as in Tom moving his stuff in and going on holiday.. would have been more room in the boot and Beth wouldnt have been so cramped for a long journey.

As its not taxed or insured and we have no-where to store it, its not a viable thing to do at the mo, I dont think :confused:

Can get pads off ebay for 20 quid and probably a standard exhaust system for not much more

When do you want a car for? My astra will be up for sale in a few weeks providing i dont kill it on the rally and that has MOT till next May

Last edited:
Car was given at right sort of time, as everything happens at the end of July, Tom moves in and we go on holiday.

We cant do the car up ourselves (rather Tom cant do the car :eek: ) as he's still up there and car's down here :rolleyes:

Around £400'ish is what i've been quoted, which is quite a lot of money when its not your 'ideal' car.

He'd quoted:

£120 for the brake discs
£60 for the brake pads
£80 for the coil spring
£55 for the exhaust
and couldnt quote on the power steering leak, so dunno how much that would be till he found the problem!

Was just going to be useful for the timebeing as in Tom moving his stuff in and going on holiday.. would have been more room in the boot and Beth wouldnt have been so cramped for a long journey.

As its not taxed or insured and we have no-where to store it, its not a viable thing to do at the mo, I dont think :confused:

fair enough,get a T&T car off gumtree for that sort o money

Back