Technical Removing the seat fold handle

Currently reading:
Technical Removing the seat fold handle

Hi, I have a problem with the seat lever on my 2009 Abarth 500. The plastic inside has broken, preventing the seat from being able to fold forwards. I can find the replacement part, but I can't work out how to remove the old handle.

I've removed the top screw and I can see what might be one clip inside, but only the top half of the handle is loose.

Can anyone advise me how the handle is held in place?

Thanks, Matthew

I had the same problem a while back. It's easier to see how to remove the part once you have the replacement in hand - if we are talking about the same thing, it's either 71752326 or 71752325 (depending on which side).

Also, you need to accept you will damage the old part as you extract it - which doesn't matter as you'll be replacing it.

Now, TBH, it is quite a while since I did mine so I can't recall the exact process - from memory, and as you suggest, you remove a screw, then it's some tactical levering with long narrow screwdrivers. You'll get an idea which tabs on the part you need to prise out of their locators by looking at the new part.

(to be continued...)

Last edited:
Yes, that's a big help. I was hoping to get it out in one piece and see if it will repair. However, the more i try, the more it looks like it's breaking up and you confirmed this. I've now ordered a handle and will look again when it arrives. Thanks for the link. It's a big help :)

Yes, that's a big help. I was hoping to get it out in one piece and see if it will repair. However, the more i try, the more it looks like it's breaking up and you confirmed this. I've now ordered a handle and will look again when it arrives. Thanks for the link. It's a big help :)
How did it go? I ask as I have to replace both of my seat catches. Can I also ask where you bought yours from? We have an 2012 Abarth 500.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Back