Technical removing the dash

Currently reading:
Technical removing the dash

jmarson

Hello,

I need to change one of the bulbs in my dash (the temperature warning light). I presume it should light up for a few seconds when you turn the key to show you it is working (like the oil light and the injector light do) but it doesnt.

I have removed one allen key bolt right at the back of the dash "pod", and have also removed the lower part of the panel under the steering wheel (4 screws to remove). I cannot see any more screws to undo, but my dash pod wont budge!

How the hell do you get at it to change the bulbs?

The car is a 1998/s seicento sporting.

Thanks in advance
Jonathan

Bravo 1.6 SX 1998

there's 2 allen key screws next to the clock. just prize the plastic covers off to reveal them. then it should just gently pull off

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

the lack of a temp gague is a serious oversight in my view.

I dont think i have missed any screws? Can anyone help?

Cheers
Jonathan

Bravo 1.6 SX 1998

After reading the handbook, it doesnt say the bulb should light up when you turn the key. It DOES say the other bulbs (key code, oil warning etc) light up when you turn the key. Maybe this is another serious oversight!

Could a sei owner please tell me if their engine overheat flashes on when they turn the key?

The reason i was worried is that the other week i crashed my seicento, smashing the bumper and hole-ing the radiator. I have fixed it myself but i dont trust my mechanic skills. After putting it all back together yesterday i took it for a drive and it was fine, but i noticed there was a leak from under the bonnet. Of course i suspected the radiator and decided to fix it in the morning. To determin how bad the leak was i put a bowl under the car and left it in the garage overnight. This mmorning the bowl was full and the garage floor had a damp patch so i was quite annoyed i would have to remove the bumper (and the god-foresaken wheel arch liner) again. But then i realised the water in the bowl didnt smell of anti-freeze (and when i fixed the radiator i put 40% antifreeze in). Anyway, i have found out it is actualy my washer bottle that is leaking!!!!! After fixing the car i had taken it for a wash, checked the tyre pressures, and filled the washers, and the washers are empty again now.

Whilst this is quite annoying, at least i can drive the car for now without worrying about overheating.

Jonathan

Bravo 1.6 SX 1998

My Sei warning light for the temp doesn't come on when I start, neither does my mates so i don't think there suppose to. Would have been better if they did tho, so we could see. Absolute stupidity not having a temp gauge, I mean how much would it have saved Fiat? barely anything. I'm going to get an aftermarket one in mine asap

sig1.jpg

Washer bottle easy to fix. You can get away with PTFE tape and gaffer tape.

Matt

http://www.zen8627.zen.co.uk/Matt/

54 bhp of pure Italian muscle

dont know which way the sei temp sender works but remove the sender connection and it should shoot to the top and turn the light on (ignition on) or if not ground the connection to earth and get the same result,i used to have an old renault 5 and hated the lack of temp gauge,i also miss an oil pressure gauge which i usually fit to me motors

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

disconnect the wire from the temp sender - it conencts to the back of block, down below and to the side slightly - haynes will have exact location with pictures.

anyway, touch the wire onto the block. in my cinq sporting this knocks the gauge to 'hot' so im guessing the sei would work the same and this should bring the light on.. i may be wrong tho

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Back