General Removing solid lining of 500X driver's door once interior panel removed

Currently reading:
General Removing solid lining of 500X driver's door once interior panel removed

Sasha2021

I'm trying to access the exterior door handle on a 2016 500X, driver's side. I have the inside door panel off, although I still need to disconnect the wiring and cables. Before I go any further, the videos I've found so far show a secondary membrane-type lining that can be cut to access the exterior door handle from the inside of the door. The secondary lining between the door and the removed inside panel on my car is solid (probably thin metal). Does it pry off?

Hi.

I suspect you have found a US model variation there...

In Europe I have found a thin flexible plastic film ( like a 'Tarp').. but never had any 500 model door apart

Maybe look up the 2door 500..?

As that has been produced in the Americas for a decade now... might show a technique.. IF it is metal not plastic

I believe after 5 posts you can add images- that may help us appreciate your dilemma :)

Charlie

Hi.

I suspect you have found a US model variation there...

In Europe I have found a thin flexible plastic film ( like a 'Tarp').. but never had any 500 model door apart

Maybe look up the 2door 500..?

As that has been produced in the Americas for a decade now... might show a technique.. IF it is metal not plastic

I believe after 5 posts you can add images- that may help us appreciate your dilemma :)

Charlie
Thanks, Charlie. I've searched 500X videos; so far nothing on point. Unfortunately, this may have to go to a mechanic for repair.

Is this metal cladding not on the US model 500 (2 door 1.4)..
or the JEEP that is VERY closely related to your 500x ?
Thank you for responding. It's an interior lining (for lack of a better word), but I discovered that there are plastic washers around its perimeter that can be locked or unlocked with Allen Wrench. So, I think I can pull the lining back to get to the door handle. Now the issue is disconnecting the armrest window/door controls electrical connectors (2). The smaller has a release tab, but no matter how I move it, the connector does not come apart and the other does not appear to have any kind of release feature at all.

Back