Styling removing rub strips...

Currently reading:
Styling removing rub strips...

Dazza

I want to remove the rub strips on my car to give it more of a smooth look.
Am i going to leave big gaps if i remove them or are they simply just stuck on?

My puntos a mk2.5 in yellow in case you didnt know :p

uno_94 said:
i believe they are just stuck on, will take a long while to do, use hair dryer and then t-cut.

ps. do it slowly.

Cheers for the info,

something i might do this week when i get a spare few hours!

I took my rub strips today got all of the glue off and that, but then there was like a rust colour outline, i dont think it was rust!! maybe glue, anybody got any ideas of how to get i offf??

maybe posting in the punto section may help.

How did you get the glue off the first time? can that method be used here?

AppleSei said:
maybe posting in the punto section may help.
:mad:dont keep telling people that, they go and do a new thread then we have 2 :mad:

report.gif
report.gif

auto glym intensive bug and tar remover. it got mine off today no problem! just remember to buy some elbow grease ;)

the marmite wheels can be a bit viscous though (called a pin strip removal tool sometomes aswell)

auto glym intensive bug and tar remover.

this is how i removed the glue residue left from the rear badges so presumably should work for the sides as well! (y)

was wondering whether i should do the same thing, the only problem being that i have a red punto (notoriously known for the paint fading) and was wondering whether it would be to much of a difference to the original colour or is anything possible with a bit of T-cut??

Last edited:
marshall936 said:
this is how i removed the glue residue left from the rear badges so presumably should work for the sides as well! (y)

was wondering whether i should do the same thing, the only problem being that i have a red punto (notoriously known for the paint fading) and was wondering whether it would be to much of a difference to the original colour or is anything possible with a bit of T-cut??
can always stick it back down ;)

i have removed my rub strips myself now and the only problem i found was that at the front side of the car the strips were attached with very strong bits of glue but the rest was fine and i have t cutted it and it looks so much better than before.

I've gotta agree Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover works wonders when removing the badges and sidestrips.

I used it when I removed them from my mk2b and the job was done in around 15 minutes :D looks so much smoother imo but I really need some skirts to go with it, oh and some alloys and lowered suspension lol

Back