Technical removing roof rails.

Currently reading:
Technical removing roof rails.

Haven't made it to the Webasto fitter this week but we have spoekn. It seems there's an additional car strengthening kit for fitting to the Panda - answering one of the questions that arose earlier - at a cost for the bits of 200 quid + VAT - so a complete fabric roof would be about 1500 all together. Have to think about that but not ruled out.

Is it a webasto item? If so I'll ask the guy who has been quoting me about it. Thanks :)

Yesterday I visited Autotrim in Ivybridge, who are the other Webasto fitters around Devon. Busy little workshop and a sensible straightforward approach, and I was able to look at a Hollandia 400 roof not yet fitted to a vehicle - quite a lot of engineering involved. They've come back to me today with a definitive quotation, which includes supplying and fitting the additional stiffening bar that Webasto specify. Total comes to 1070 quid plus VAT - 1284.

Very tempting - we put the pattern for cutting the roof panel in place so I was able to gauge how much daylight you'd actually get in the car - it's a lot more than you can get with a single conventional glass panel - which is good and bad as it IS a bloody great hole in the roof of the car.

Now in agonising mode as I decide what to do/or not.

PS - I need to make sure that the anti-buffeting fairing that goes across the front of the aperture would fit in between the roof bars.

Yesterday I visited Autotrim in Ivybridge, who are the other Webasto fitters around Devon. Busy little workshop and a sensible straightforward approach, and I was able to look at a Hollandia 400 roof not yet fitted to a vehicle - quite a lot of engineering involved. They've come back to me today with a definitive quotation, which includes supplying and fitting the additional stiffening bar that Webasto specify. Total comes to 1070 quid plus VAT - 1284.

Very tempting - we put the pattern for cutting the roof panel in place so I was able to gauge how much daylight you'd actually get in the car - it's a lot more than you can get with a single conventional glass panel - which is good and bad as it IS a bloody great hole in the roof of the car.

Now in agonising mode as I decide what to do/or not.

Hi. Thanks a million for the update. My quote from Surrey sunroofs (nowhere near where I live but the closest!) Has quited me £1250 all in inc the extra reinforcement.
I'm going to wait until after Christmas now but am very tempted. I too was concerned about the wind deflector fitting between the roof bars.....
Am also thinking of having the roof + top of hatch painted gloss black beforehand, I think that'll look great esp with the black sunroof...
:)

I'm very close to making a (buttock-clenching) decision on the Webasto sun roof for my 4x4 TA - I think it makes sense to start a new thread on the subject so the latest thinking is in that new thread.

Back