General Removing MOMO gearknob

Currently reading:
General Removing MOMO gearknob

Hi,

I found a really nice MONO gear knob on an old C reg Capri, but i cnat seem to remove it lol.

Its this one:
Xg5e.jpg

Iv un screwed the bottom collar thing and found 3 allen key bolts that iv taken off but the knob still wont move its stuck there lol

I managed to get the actuall gearknob off but it left like a metal shaft on the gear stick (the part that the allen key bolts came out off) im pretty sure i need this to tighten it into my gear stick and the collar wont come off without removing the shaft.

How can i take the shaft off its just stuck there i tryed a hammer, pliers my teeth everything wont budge????

Please help

BTW will this gear knob fit a lift up reverse punto??? lol

First pic is of the metal shaft stuck and second is of the gearknob centre after i managed to get it off without the shaft lol

Attachments

• DSC01419.JPG
    DSC01419.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01422.JPG
    DSC01422.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 21
i think u can buy the shaft things of ebay and halfords but i think they just slot on maybe its been glued

I dont want to spent any money on this its not coming of my car its free lol but will it fit a lift up reverse punto mk2??? will the collar for lift up come in the way???

I will try raggin it off because i am gonin to use this gear knob but the owner of it may want it back at a later date when he realises iv taken it lol

Soak it for 20 mins in some hot soapy water that should get rid of the glue if there is any?

my cabrio engine dont start...atm But if someone started knicking parts off it, i would not be best pleased and probably throw the bits at their head...hope the owner likes you

Iv already asked owner he said i can borrow it until he decides to sell it:) When he sells it i will refit it for him, but i dnt think its getting sold any time soon so i may aswel get use out of it.

Back