General Removing heater resistor Punto Grande Sound 2010

Currently reading:
General Removing heater resistor Punto Grande Sound 2010

Marz

First post... I've read all the threads on how to change the heater resistor and, after much struggling, finally managed to disengage the multiplug. Both the plug and the connector spades (in the resistor body) look okay (based on some strange angling of a torch, phone and my neck!) but I can't work out how to get the resistor out in order to look at it properly or replace it. There are no screws and I can't see/feel any clips to squeeze, it neither pulls straight out nor slides in either direction. It seems to be welded/embedded to the white casing so I don't want to put any more force on it in case I wreck something. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Not sure if your problems fixed yet or not, but in the case it isn’t, the resistor has two “clips”, they’re both flat, around the size of a 2 cent/5 pence piece. From what I remember, they’ll be on opposing corners when looking at the resistor from the underside, same colour and fully attached to the black multi plug end of the resistor. My trick was to jam a flathead between one of the tabs and the surrounding white plastic, and use my fingers for the other one. With both tabs depressed as much as possible, shift the resistor sideways (I think to the left, but try both directions) inside of its “housing”. If done correctly, you should feel a small bump as the resistor shifts free, at which point you can pull it out with no resistance (if it still stays in place when you pull on it, shift it over more). As a final note, there is a possibility of a screw holding it down, which (if there is) will be easily seen when looking at the underside of the resistor head on. If you’re still having issues, could you possibly get a photo of the underside of the connector/ surrounding areas?
Hope this helps! Ian

Thank you, Jan. I haven't had the opportunity to look at it again (just driving with the blowers on full blast!) but your instructions have given me confidence to try it again on my next free day (when it isn't so cold that my fingers won't move :) ). I'll let you know how I get on.

Back