Technical Removing Door Card?? And Front Glass?

Currently reading:
Technical Removing Door Card?? And Front Glass?

:nono: :shakehead tinting of the front widows is illegal do do at your own risk Big Black Stilo had his done and it was :cool: but he got nabed by the police and they had to be removed and it cost him to have it done to. SO do so at your peril :)

i know its illegal but im gonna take a chance and use defender light smoke, i held it up against the window and it looks cool. so im gonna do it anyway. i can tint myself, but i can do a real good job if the windows are removed, so im wondering howto remove the doorcards from the stilo and get the windows out, as my stilo is in the body shop at the moment and i will have it back tomorrow evening im gonna have a crack at the tinting myself.

any help is appreciated.

it is legal, from the VOSA website:

What is excessively tinted glass?
Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 as amended
specify the minimum levels of light that must pass through the
windscreen and front side windows. The limits are:
Motor Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985:
The windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of
light to be transmitted through them.
Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:
The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be
transmitted through them.
If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light,
then the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.

Which windows in the vehicle does this apply to?
The windscreen and the front side windows to either side of the
drivers’ head.

----
i say do it, the police may stop you but if you can prove its legal theres nothing that they can do about it.

aw im gonna do it anyways,its just a light smoke, i have a roll 300m in length of A0 paper i got from work so i can make paper cut-outs of the glass to make life easier for myself. hope it goes well. will start tomorrow or friday evening when the car gets back from the bodyshop.

Last edited:
scottie2065 said:
no i dont lol, why? have a few mates that work there tho.

Just that I used to work there and we sold exactly the same stuff, so many people used to cack it up and ask for a refund, made me laugh no end!

lol well thats where im gettin the Defender tint out of as its only 5minutes from my house, i like defender tint tho. its good quality stuff and the shade of the light smoke is more like a charcoal than black. it is good stuff now :)

nah i have tinted windows before, but i done it with the front windows out, i make a paper cutout for the rear 3/4 windows. just wanna know howto take the front windows out without kacking them up or can they be taken out seeing as their electric? im actually not too bad at the tinting, i tinted my mates wing mirrors last week, didnt bother taking the glass out or anything, lol, wasnt a bad job.

Last edited:
Back