General Removing and re-fitting cinq dashboard AKA i have a mancrush on serin

Currently reading:
General Removing and re-fitting cinq dashboard AKA i have a mancrush on serin

Standard or Modified

• Totally standard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As some of you may know.. i bought Luke ( a mod on here)'s old cinq.. The one with the huge hole in the dash which was originally going to house a screen of come sort... :confused:

Well, after evaluating my options and looking to the future, i decided to revert the dash back to standard...

One word of advice for ANYONE thats going to do this... DONT! :eek:

Serin (or Pete to those who know him).. helped me along this arduous journey.. and by god is it the most frustrating job in the world.. ( he also has all the pics we took which he SHOULD add to this thread)..

The wiring loom is stupid and big.. the heating pipes are big and annoying.. the clips are tough and bent.. the dam dash is too big for the fckin car.. and all in all.. i nearly killed myself and would have taken Pete with me were it not for the constant cold drinks and endless supply of ciggarets made available by my overlooking Partner, Clare..

Anyway.. to cut a 7 hour portion of sheer frustration and exhausting work short.. Its done!! lol..
And the new dash is nicely sprayed Black to match with the bumblebee effect of yellow and black the cinq already had as standard...
Just to take The gastly Punto center console out now and find a standard one of those and the cars back to its original glory... :D

oh and Luke.. remember those fog lights that had no wires.. Dam well wired them in too!! and that aint all that fun... ty Pete again for his Help through all of this! (<--- pic to go with that bit too!)

And so... I put it too you fellow centorians.. Which is better??

A clean, powerful standard cinq or a cinq that looks like its just driven through Halfords warehouse..??

Poll open.. Please vote!
:cool:

Re: Removing and re-fitting cinq dashboard

TBH mate I think you should leave the cars appearance well alone. It looks spot on as it is on the exterior. Its standard (factory abarth) but looks sporty. The sei wheels compliment a cinq perfect and its lowered to the ideal height.

If you do anything, why not just smooth parts? debadge the front, delock the doors and boot. Get some abarth arches for a more chunky look.

As for interior. Why not go for a full leather retrim with black bolsters and yellow centres. Get a set of sei MK2 seats and get those trimmed to have head rests in the rear.

TBH mate I think you should leave the cars appearance well alone. It looks spot on as it is on the exterior. Its standard (factory abarth) but looks sporty. The sei wheels compliment a cinq perfect and its lowered to the ideal height.

If you do anything, why not just smooth parts? debadge the front, delock the doors and boot. Get some abarth arches for a more chunky look.

As for interior. Why not go for a full leather retrim with black bolsters and yellow centres. Get a set of sei MK2 seats and get those trimmed to have head rests in the rear.

I like this!!! infact.. I love this!! ok.. 2 months.. everything youve just listed will be done :)

Thanks!

Yaking the dash out is a long job, but its quite easy if you follow a sequence. I had to take mine out to do the bulkhead work, and then had to fit it back in when the cage was there.

Cheers

D

any job with serin helping would be frustrating:p

LMAO! Dont be mean!! Hes actually pretty good at handy stuff you know!!!

Well, about 50 times better than me... We agreed that if we are too swap his engine for a 1.2.. i would help by cleaning the bolts all day.. Thats about the limit of my abilities! Thank god i work hard enough to pay for garages to rip me off constantly!

How can you be mean to this man!! --->

Attachments

• SERIN.jpg
    SERIN.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 8

How can you NOT be mean! Look at that mug :p :D

lol!!!

So cruel!! Hes hilarious!! I just look at that pic and burst into histerics!! ABout to put it on my phones wallpaper.. And take serin with me whever i go!!

lol.. I suggest EVERYONE do the same! And the world would be a better place... Or something like that...

Sounds like you are in love with Pete to me :D :p

Yaking the dash out is a long job, but its quite easy if you follow a sequence. I had to take mine out to do the bulkhead work, and then had to fit it back in when the cage was there.

Cheers

D

My dad sugested that i take the dash out to cut out the holes for the front legs of the cage,i rudley told him to go away:p :p :D

:eek:

Right! anyone know how to get into the witness protection program, I'm feeling a need to get as far away from chris as possible :D

I knew there was a reason I never told you where I lived :p

Back